The Arioso Cello Duo
Vibrant cello duo that adds sophistication and elegance to any event. From classical to jazz to heavy metal, these ladies have a relentlessly optimistic approach to what's possible with two cellos!
'Listening to Arioso made the hairs on the back of my neck tingle. Beautiful music, performed by two outstanding and gorgeous musicians.' - Guy Garvey, Elbow
The Arioso Cello Duo
Classically trained musicians The Arioso Cello Duo have travelled the world with their cellos. Between them they have clocked up an impressive repertoire of experience, performing professionally with orchestras, theatres and bands at festivals around the globe, on television and radio, and in concert as soloists.
The duo have worked with Emeli Sande, Take That, Snow Patrol, Elbow, I Am Kloot and Eliza Carthy, making regular TV appearances on the likes of Top of the Pops, Jools Holland, The X Factor and the Michael Parkinson Show (to namedrop just a few!). Listen closely, and you will hear the duo playing on Elbow's album, "Build A Rocket Boys!".
The Arioso Cello Duo aims to provide exactly the right atmosphere for your special event, and are more than happy to arrange 'your song,' if agreed in advance. Two ladies with gorgeous instruments playing rich, sonorous music. The Arioso Cello Duo not only sound the part, but look the part: where possible they will dress according to the colour scheme/dress code of your event. Their broad repertoire includes classical, jazz, pop, children's, Christmas, folk.
Be surprised and delighted at what’s possible with the wonderful sound of two cellos!
Arioso also offer performance bookings for solo cello and cello quartet.
- Que Sera -Livingston/Evans
- Can-Can –Offenbach
- Summertime –Gershwin
- Por Una Cabeza –Gardel
- She -Aznavour/Kretzner
- The Swan -Saint-Saens
- William Tell Overture –Rossini
- Chanson d'Amour -Shanklin & Hart
- Sailor's Hornpipe -trad.
- Autumn Leaves -Kosma
- Arioso –J.S. Bach
- Barbara Allen –trad.
- Waves of the Danube –Ivanovic
- Hungarian Dance -Brahms
- Drunken Sailor- Trad.
- Bare Necessities- Gilkyson
Composers include Brahms, Strauss, Haydn, Handel, Breval, W.A. Mozart, Chopin, Mozart, Bach, Hook, Schumann, Dotzauer, Guignon, Pleyel, Beethoven, Schubert, Bartok, Kodaly, Couperin, Boismortier, Telemann, Purcell, Stravinsky, many more.
- Air (‘on a G string’) – Bach
- Air (from the Water Music) – Handel
- Arrival of the Queen of Sheba – Handel
- Autumn – Vivaldi
- Bach – Double Concerto
- Canon in D –Pachelbel
- Celeste Aida – Verdi
- Clair de Lune - Debussy
- Fur Elise – Beethoven
- Hornpipe (from the Water Music) - Handel
- I Wanna Be Like You – Sherman
- In the Hall of the Mountain King - Grieg
- Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring – J.S. Bach
- La Rejouissance – Handel
- Marche Militaire – Schubert
- Minuet from “Eine Kleine Nachtmusik” –Mozart
- Minuet from “Music for the Royal Fireworks” – Handel
- Nimrod (adagio) – Elgar
- Non Piu Andrai (from “Mariiage of Figaro) - Mozart
- Ode to Joy from “Symphony No. 9”– Beethoven
- Plovtsian Dance – Borodin
- Sheep May Safely Graze – J.S. Bach
- Spring –Vivaldi
- Swan Lake – Tchaikovsky
- The Silver Swan – Orlando Gibbons
- To a Wild Rose - MacDowell
- Trumpet Voluntary -Clark
- Wedding March –Wagner
- Chhukar Mere Manko
- Hai Apna Dil
- Jeena Yahan
- Kal Ho Naa Ho - Kal Ho Naa Ho
- Khabi Kushi Khabie Gham
- Kuch Kuch Hotha Hai
- Meri Mehbooba
- Pehla Nasha
- Piyu Bole
- Pyar Deewana Hota Hai
- Tere Bina Jiya Jaaya Na
- Tu Hi Meri Shab Hai
- Tu Je Deka To Ye Jaana Sanam
- Tum Aa Gaye Ho Noor Aa Gaya Hai
- Tumko Hi Chaenge Hum
- Yeh Kahan Aa Gaye Hum
- Yeh Galiyan Yeh Chaubara
- Zara Sa Jhoom Loon Main
- Traditional/Fiddle music
- A Million Dreams – The Greatest Showman
- Addams Family theme
- All of Me – John Legend
- All Through the Nigh _trad. Welsh melody
- Always A Woman to Me – Billy Joel
- Amazing Grace
- At Last (Etta James)
- A Thousand Years
- Barnacle Bill
- Basin Street Blues
- Budapest – George Ezra
- Bob the Builder
- Bring Me Sunshine
- British National Anthem – jazz version
- Can’t Help (Lovin’ Dat Man)
- Chim Chim Cher-ee (from Mary Poppins)
- Chitty chitty bang bang
- Clair de Lune
- Come Fly With Me
- Consider Yourself (from Oliver!)
- Computer game themes: Tetris, Mario Brothers, Halo4
- Dark Eyes
- Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend
- Down By the Sally Gardens
- Eastenders theme
- English Country Garden floral medley
- Everybody Wants To Be A cat
- Every Breath You Take
- Fawlty Towers
- The Final Countdown
- Flintstones theme
- Fraggle Rock
- Free Fallin’ – Tom Petty
- Game of Thrones
- Get Lucky – Daft Punk
- Get me to the church on Time
- Glenlogie (Scottish trad.)
- Ghost busters theme tune
- The Girl from Ipanema
- Great Escape theme
- Grounds For Divorce - Elbow
- Happy Birthday
- Harvest Home
- Havana – Cabello
- How Long Will I Love You? (E. Goulding version)
- Hushaby Mountain
- I Have A Dream
- I Say a Little Prayer (Aretha Franklin)
- Isn’t She Lovely? (Stevie Wonder)
- It Don’t Mean a Thing (if it ain’t got that swing)
- It Must Be Love (Madness)
- James Bond theme
- La Vie en Rose
- Last of the Summer Wine theme
- Let it Go (from Frozen)
- The Liberty Bell
- The Lonely Goatherd
- Love is All Around
- Mexican Hat Dance
- Mairi’s Wedding
- Mamma Mia!
- Mission Impossible theme
- Miss Marple theme
- Mister Sandman
- Moon River
- Muppet Show theme
- My Favourite Things
- My Heart Will Go On (from film Titanic)
- Nellie the Elephant
- Night on a Bald Mountain – Mussorgsky
- Once Upon A Dream - Sleeping Beauty
- One Day Like This - elbow
- Oompah Loompah song
- Paradise – Coldplay
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- Pink Panther theme
- Pizzicato Polka
- Phantom of the Opera theme tune
- Puttin’ On the Ritz
- Rather Be – Clean Bandit
- Rock Around the Clock
- Salut d’Amour
- Schindler’s List theme
- Secrets: one republic
- Simple Gifts
- Shake it Off – Katy Perry
- Speak Softly Love (‘Godfather’ theme)
- Star wars themes
- Stop! (Spice Girls)
- Swing Low Sweet Chariot
- Take the “A” Train
- Teddybear’s Picnic
- Thriller – Michael Jackson
- Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines
- Top Of the World - The Carpenters
- Valse a Mille Temps
- Wallace and Grommit theme
- Wedding March (both versions, by Wagner and Mendelssohn)
- Whatever - Oasis
- With or Without You – U2
- When I’m 64 – The Beatles
This is just a sample of the duo's repertoire and requests are taken so long as they are agreed in advance.
Easy to book, good communication before the event. Great cellists who played a combo of pop, Disney, classical and Christmas tunes for our wedding.
Arioso Duo were absolutely perfect for our private room dinner. They are both very talented musicians and played a great selection of both classical and modern music - even finishing with the first rendition this year of 'We Wish you a Merry Christmas' which almost bought the house down. Booking process was very simple and good communication at all times from Warble. In short - highly recommended!
Helpful, friendly, took suggestions, made the event extra special.
The night would not have been the same without them.
The girls are amazing at what they do, they learnt a song for me to walk down the aisle to which was beautiful and the guests really enjoyed their music too. Thank you so much.
Very talented artistes. Thank You.
The Arioso Cello Duo provided the perfect accompaniment at our wedding reception - playing through both the drinks on arrival and our sit down meal. They had put together a lovely play list with something for everyone - including a couple of special requests. They dealt beautifully with the rather enthusiastic audience participation that the family favourite of "Nellie the Elephant" created! Our reception was in a private venue and they arrived set up, played and left with the minimum of fuss or needing any input from those of us enjoying the wedding. We really appreciated them looking after themselves - allowing us to get on and enjoy the wedding. Dealing with Warble was also very easy and straightforward, responding promptly to queries and making everything clear and simple - a company that it was a pleasure to do business with.They contacted us shortly before the wedding to check out all the details and were extremely polite and helpful at every point of contact. We - and everyone at the reception - would whole heartedly recommend the Ariosa Duo for your event. They were a pleasure to deal with, played beautiful music and really helped make our reception the special event we wanted.
Although I did not hear much of the cellists myself, my guests all commented how beautiful the playing was and how it really made the mood for the ceremony.
- Weddings in and around Manchester and London, the Lake District, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Cheshire, North Wales, Scotland.
- Manchester International Festival 2013 & 2015 (solo and duo)
- Just So Festival 2013, 2014, 2016, 2019
- Dig the City Festival 2013, 2015,2016
- Warble Entertainment's 'Monster Mash Ball'
- Elbow, CityCo, Urbis
- Regular performers for Music In Hospitals; LimeArts
Parking and 2 x chairs without arms. If the booking is for two hours or more then some light refreshments are appreciated. If playing outside, most venues have gazebos but we do ask for protection from the elements (we don't mind the sun and rain, but our cellos do!).
We always discuss any musical requests beforehand. We arrange most of our own music, so playing a special request is no problem but must be agreed at least three weeks in advance. For more obscure or rare requests there may be an arrangement fee.
We are able to supply our own amplification, so playing in a large room or for 100+ guests is no problem.
We have a varied selection of outfits to match the colour scheme or mood of your occasion, e.g. different colours of gowns to fit in with the colour scheme of a wedding; scary outfits for a Hallowe'en Ball; fairy outfits for festivals etc.
- For Weddings: 10 minutes playing as guests arrive, Bride's Entrance, Signing, Exit music and approximately for 45 minutes at the Drinks Reception.
- For Parties or Corporate Events: 3 x 40 minute sets with breaks.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.