Ed The Magician
Ed is a smart, modern magician fresh from writing and performing his own TV series, he is available to bring his unique lively and very popular magic to your next event! His distinct blend of amazing incredible magic and laugh out loud comedy is sure to bring your party to life! Ed is an experienced professional magician who has performed at thousands of live events across the UK since 2001, and would love to be at your event next.
Ed The Magician
Ed specialises in close up magic and for corporate events, parties and weddings. His magic is best described as a mix between incredible impossible magic that you will have never seen before and lively conversational comedy. It is sure to get people talking and make your event one to be remembered for all of the right reasons. Ed understands that entertainment is about people, that's why his likeable personality is sure to connect with your guests, no matter their age or background.
Ed provides a unique personal performance for each individual group. If people are seated he provides table to table magic entertaining each individual group. In a standing environment, he provides strolling magic where he mixes and mingles with the guests, gathering small groups to entertain. Ed can also provide a stand up magic show for small groups such as at a private dining event, as a way to round off the evening, or as a separate cabaret / stage magic show for larger events.
Ed develops his own material and offers an experience no one else can provide. He is a member of The Magic Circle and having trained as a magician, comedian and actor he is perfectly placed to draw on his wide range of skills and experience to entertain your guests and make your event a huge success!
At your event, Ed is there to do more than just amazing, incredible, impossible magic (although that's the main thing!) he is also there to help people to interact, to engage and to make you and your guests laugh. All of this means that choosing Ed ensures you will have someone reliable and reputable to help you make the best impression for your event.
Ed recently performed at my sister’s wedding at Rowton Castle. Everybody really enjoyed his magic. He brought humour to what he was doing. The professional manner in which he took the booking and ensured he knew exactly what was required was a credit to him. I have no hesitation in recommending him to anybody who is looking for a solid professional.
Ed has performed for many of the UK's top companies including:
- Nottinghamshire Cricket Club, Nottingham - Entertained at their VIP hospitality suites
- Selfridges, Birmingham - Performed stand up magic in the centre of the department store
- MADE in Birmingham, Birmingham - TV writer and presenter
- Illusion's Magic Bar, Bristol - Performed as the special guest magician on two occasions
- JCB, Uttoxeter - Close up and cabaret magic at a national conference
- DHL, Stoke on Trent - Provided a staff training package
- GAP, Stafford - Close up magic for staff during annual celebration
- Fujifilm, Birmingham - Close up magic at their annual awards dinner
- Ernst & Young, Manchester - Close up magic at a national conference
- Eon Energy, Nottingham - Close up magic at a Christmas party
- Waitrose, Kenilworth - Close up magic at an awards night
- Heineken, Nottingham - Provided promotional magic in local bars
And many more...
How can we make sure that we provide the best envionment for Ed's magic?
One of the benefits of close up magic is that it is flexible to the space. Close up magic can work pretty much anywhere where people are gathered. Here's just a few things to keep in mind though. Guests will need to both see and hear Ed. If you're having a DJ, please ensure that they keep the music in the background while Ed performs. For Ed's larger stage show and cabaret magic, he would require you to fulfil his technical rider with regards to staging, audio and lights as well as a tech hand available to run the cues. This is variable depending on the size of each event, so please get in touch for more information.
Other than the above, all that Ed requires is a secure place to park his car and a secure place to leave his belongings.
What does Ed provide for me?
At each event, Ed brings him with his unique skills and years of experience from a whole variety of events. He is not a local part-time magician, but instead, he is a full-time professional magician who has dedicated himself to finding what works at events like yours. This should give you the peace of mind that Ed can deliver on the promise of performing incredible magic, unique comedy and conversations that break the ice and keep the party atmosphere in full flow at your event. As a member of The Magic Circle, a member of Equity and with Public Liability Insurance of up to £10 million, you can be sure that you are getting someone reliable and reputable for your special occasion.
Ed can tailor his performance times to suit your event, however most popular are:
- Close up table magic (per hour)
- Close up mix and mingle walkaround magic (per hour)
- Stand up performance at the end of a close up magic session (usually about 20 minutes)
- Stand up magic for less than 30 people (25 minutes / 50 minutes)
- Stage performance for a large group (30 minutes / 45 minutes)
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.