Jonny Awsum’s feel-good brand of musical-comedy has seen him rise to be one of the most sought after headline acts on the UK circuit.
As comfortable in a conference hall as he is in an intimate setting, Jonny is a comedic whirlwind, the gag slinging guitar hero - audience members don’t just leave entertained, they leave as fans.
"Awsum's exuberance is infectious, pumping out into the crowd and lifting everyone's spirits... totally frivolous” - The List
“It was so smart, it really works for you because it makes you stand out. I like you a lot” – Simon Cowell
Jonny's set has captivated audiences at every kind of venue and event, playing to our Armed Troops abroad, nationwide theatres as part of the Paul Hollywood Tour, and in 2016 supported Jason Manford on his 'Best Of' UK Tour.
Jonny was a huge hit on the UK’s biggest television talent competition ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ last year, after roping in Ant and Dec for his musical extravaganza audition. He was chosen to proceed to the Semi Finals, which saw an incredible performance with David Walliams. Jonny loved the whole experience, and his profile received a well earned boost.
From Cbeebies to Harley Davidson Jonny has proven a corporate smash for a wide range of clients. Ahead of his performance, he researches each event and client to ensure his act is tailor-made to be a hit, and if required, he can even write a bespoke song all about your company and team. With experience of warming audiences up at some of the biggest shows going, including Big Brother, Jonny has developed a winning style. Whether you would like Jonny to bring his brand of comedy to your corporate event or present an awards evening, Jonny can fit seamlessly into any kind of corporate event.
Jonny is one of very few comedians to have a set especially for weddings and has a perfectly tailored set which is both engaging and hilarious. He can write a song specificaly for the day to give that truly bespoke exprience that your guests will not have seen before!
The guests loved him; he provided us with a personal song, with anecdotes about our families which went down a storm... such a nice guy, you feel you’ve known him forever and his observational humor along with great music make him one of the best comedians in the country. This is definitely echoed by the fact that two couples at our wedding have booked him for theirs!
The Comedy Store, The Glee Clubs, The Boatshow, Headliners, Manfords Comedy Clubs, Bearcat, The Backyard, The Frog and Bucket, Baby Blue, Laughterhouse, Covent garden, Komedia, Fun House Comedy, Highlight, CSE, Kendal Calling, Larmer Tree Festival, Henley Festival, Download Festival
International appearances in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing and many many more
- 2017 - Britain's Got Talent, Semi Finalist, ITV
- 2015 - Commercial, Hero, HAGEBAU, Hagebau
- 2015 - Commercial, Hero, MIGROS
- 2015 - Commercial, Hero, SAMSUNG
- 2015 - Commercial, Hero, SUVACARE, Suvacare
- 2014 - Commercial, Hero, USE IT, Experian
- 2013 - Commercial, Balcony Buddy, CO OP, CO OP
- 2013 - Commercial, Hero, MISSION WRAPS, Mission Wraps
- 2013 - Commercial, Barman, SAVANNA CIDER, Savanna Cider
- 2013 - Commercial, Hero, ZWEIFEL CHIPS, Zweifel Chips
- 2012 - Commercial, Hero, AUTODROP, Autodrop
- 2012 - Commercial, Hero, CRAVENDALE, Cravendale
- 2012 - Commercial, Hero, LOCAL.CH, Local.ch
- 2012 - Commercial, Hero, POST OFFICE, Post Office
- 2012 - Commercial, Hero, ZALANDO, Zalando
- 2012 - Television, Presenter, SKY SPORTS, Sky
- 2011 - Commercial, Hero, EDF ENERGY, EDF Energy, Sam Cadman
- 2011 - Commercial, Hero 2, PUNTIGAMER AD, Puntigamer, Phillip Kaiser
What will I need to provide?
Adequate lighting with a microphone and stand and one of the following options for his guitar:
- A DI box (on stage) that can take a guitar jack lead.
- A mixing desk (close to the stage) that can take a guitar jack lead.
- A mixing desk (close to the stage) that can take an XLR lead.
Jonny will also need to be able to play an iPod or a CD through the PA.
Is it Child Friendly?
If there are going to be children at the event, it would be great if they could be taken out of the room just whilst Jonny is on. Not only does this mean that all guests can enjoy the show and Jonny’s material is in no way explicit, but some of it may not be suitable for tiny ears and Jonny would never wish to offend anyone.
When is best to have Jonny perform at my wedding?
The slot that works best is just after the speeches. But whatever you decide please avoid stage time clashing with any food being served or eaten – people can’t laugh when they are eating or queuing up for a buffet in the next room!
- 1 x 30 Minute
- 1 x 60 Minute
Performances can be tailored dependent on the event.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.