Mr K is Mumford and Sons / Rock & Pop Band available to Hire for Weddings and Functions in Southampton, Hampshire and throughout the South.
A band offering two distinct but complimentary styles, Mr K offer both folk styled entertainment and more electrified contemporary rock and pop in one package.
Mr K offer two types of service perfect for weddings and parties looking for something unique. The band have been together since 2007 and have played hundreds of weddings, parties and events. Their setlists include a mix of pop, rock, 90s dance, folk, UK garage, r'n'b and hip hop. The two different styles that the band offer are completely different yet compliment each other very well.
The first style can be described as a cross between The Gipsy Kings and Mumford and Sons playing all your favourite tunes from all time. The band cover tunes from Briney Spears, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Mumford and Sons and more with their own arrangements and spin. The band can lay back on the tunes for a more relaxed dining / drinks reception atmosphere or lean on the pace and get your guests up and dancing to their crazy versions of contemporary and classic tunes that everyone knows.
The second style is more similar to most weddings bands but with an edge that is completely unique to Mr K. As the band have had experience playing, gigging, living and touring with each other for many years they have a tightness, groove and vibe that goes unmatched. This band will get you and your guests up and dancing from start to finish. From ages 2 to 82 they always deliver something for everyone.
The band are able to offer both styles for your wedding either individually or a mix of both. They can provide a whole days worth of music. If you go for both styles it will be as if you have booked two bands for the day but with the price of only one!
The members of the band are top session musicians and have recorded for people all over the world. They have supported acts such as Status Quo, Roger Daltry and Toploader. They have backed hit stars such as Gareth Gates, 'lil Chris and James Bourne and have performed in West End musicals. They are the best of the best and you won't be disapointed if you book Mr K as your wedding or party entertainment.
- Electric Band - 2 x Electric Guitars, Drums, Bass, Male Lead Vocals, 3 x Backing Vocals.
- Folk Band - 2 x Acoustic Guitar, Drums, Double Bass, Violin, 4 x Male Vocals.
- Additional Female Vocals available and horns are avialable.
- 90s Dance Medley – Rhythm of The Night / Mr Vain / Rhythm Is A Dancer / Insomnia / Ride On Time
- Amy Winehouse - Valerie
- Andy Williams - Can’t Take My Eyes Off You
- Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
- Backstreet Boys – Everybody (Backstreets Back)
- The Beatles - Twist and Shout
- Bill Hayley and The Comets - Rock around the clock
- Blink 182 - All The Small Things
- Blur - Parklife
- Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk
- Candi Staton – You Got The Love
- Chuck Berry - Johnny Be Good
- The Clash - Should I Stay Or Should I Go
- Craig David - 7 Days
- Daft Punk – Get Lucky
- Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Dick Dale and His Del-Tones - Misirlou (that song from Pulp Fiction)
- Elvis - Hound Dog
- 5ive - Keep On Moving
- Fountains of Wayne – Stacey's Mom
- The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
- Fresh Prince & Jazzy Jeff – Fresh Prince of Belair
- Garage Medley - Do You Really Like It?/Re-rewind/21 Seconds/Gotta Get Through This / Outta Space / No Limit
- George Michael – Faith
- Hip Hop Medley – No Diggity / Hotstepper / Boom Shake The Room / This Is How We Do It / Boom Boom Boom (Let me hear you say wayoo)
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire
- Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl
- The Killers - Mr Brightside
- Kings of Leon - Sex On Fire
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
- The Monkees - I’m A Believer
- Oasis - Champagne Supernova
- Peter Andre - Mysterious Girl
- The Proclaimers - 500 Miles
- Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Snow Patrol – Chasing Cars
- Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- Omi - Cheerleader
- Human League – Don't You Want Me Baby
- Jason Mraz - I’m Yours
- Plan B - She Said
- The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
- Wheatus – Teenage Dirtbag
- Coolio - Gangsta’s Paradise / Tetris
- Mumford And Sons - Lion Man
- Mumford ans Sons - I Will Wait
- Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
- Rihanna - We Found Love
- Paulo Nutini - Pencil Full of Lead
- The Lumineers - Hey Ho
- Take That - Back For Good
- Britney Spears - Hit Me Baby / Oops I did it again
- A-ha - Take On Me
- Avicii - Wake Me Up
- Pharrell - Happy
- Robyn Thicke - Blurred Lines
- Magic - Rude
- Steelers Wheel - Stuck in the Middle With You
- Sisqo - Thong Song
- Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
Folk Styled Background Set
- UB40 - I Can’t Help Falling In Love With You
- Marvin Gaye - Let’s Get It On
- Ben E. King - Stand By Me
- Otis Redding - Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay
- Rag'n'Bone Man – Human
- Bruce Springsteen – Dancing In The Dark
- Nat King Cole - LOVE
- Backstreet Boys – As Long As You Love Me
- Elbow – One Day Like This
- Sam Sparro - Black and Gold
- Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
- Green Day - Time of Your Life
- The Kooks - She Moves In Her Own Way
- Sam Smith - Stay With Me
- Sebastien The Crab – Kiss The Girl
Plus many more...
Thank you so much again you were all brilliant and everyone really enjoyed it you definitely bought the party!!
- White Stuff
- Holland And Barrett
- Williams Racing
- Merryl Lynch
Mr K mainly perform at weddings and corporate events.
- The BIC, Bournemouth
- Norman Court, Salisbury
- Deans Court, Wimborne
- St Mary’s Stadium, Southampton
- Portsmouth Guildhall, Portsmouth
- The Wheatsheaf, Romsey
- The Tithe Barn, Petersfield
- Minley Manor, Surrey
- Landue, Launceston
- The Clock Barn, Whitchurch
- Bickley Manor, Kent
- Forde Abbey, Somerset
- HMS Sultan, Gosport
- Bindon Grange, Wimborne
- The Manor Barn, Petersfield
- Blake Hall, Essex
- Sandle Manor, Fordingbridge
- The Barn at Bury Court, Surrey
- Larkrise Barn, Cornwall
- Lulworth Castle, Dorset
- Rivervale Barn, Hampshire
- Highcliffe Castle, Christchurch
- Sir Harold Hillier Gardens, Romsey
- Fanhams Hall, Ware
- Barnstaple Hotel, Devon
- Foxcote Farm, Oxfordshire
- Wotton House, Dorking
- Treworgie Barton, Bude
- Ceno, Southampton
- Bury Down Farm, Farle
- The London Rowing Club, Putney
- The Hampshire Centre Court, Basingstoke
- Brenscombe Outdoor Centre, Dorset
- Norton-Sub-Hamdon Village Hall, Somerset
- Eastlands Estate, West Sussex
- Bournemouth Highcliffe Marriot
- Parkfields, Ross-on-Wye
- New Place, Southampton
- The Solent Hotel, Southampton
- The Brook, Southampton
- The Talking Heads, Southampton
- The Joiners, Southampton
- The Islington Academy, London
- Salisbury City Hall, Salisbury
- The Wedgewood Rooms, Portsmouth
- Rhinefield House, New Forest
Do I have to go for both styles?
No, we can play one or the other depending on your wants and needs.
What happens if one of your members is sick or you have to cancel?
Since we formed in 2007 we have never cancelled any show or event. If a member is sick on the day we have proficient and well rehearsed deps who can stand in at last minute for all players.
Will you learn a request or first dance?
Yes we are more than happy to learn anything you want! We usually learn a first dance and one other request for all gigs and are happy to create a vintage style arrangement for you if you wish.
How long is set-up?
We take 1 hour for folk or electric when we are doing one of them. If both styles are needed we take 1.5 hours to be fully ready and sound checked.
Do you offer background music between sets?
We offer a pre-requested list of songs for between sets so you can ask for anything you want and we'll get it on! This can be for a disco or background music during a meal.
Do you provide all equipment and is it PAT tested?
Yes we provide everything you need including stage lighting and top of the range PA. All gear is PAT tested so we can play any venue or hotel.
Our venue has certain requirements including a sound limiter and the need for insurance. Can you still play?
We have £5million worth of insurance and can face almost any sound limiter. Due to the nature of the vintage style set-up we can play without power, if needs be, so can play any venue. The electric set-up is generally a little louder but we can still cope with most restrictions.
The Mr K standard performance schedule is different depending on the set-up and style you want.
- Folk - 3 x 40 mins standard
- Electric - 3 x 45 mins standard
- Both - 3 x 50
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.