Mr K is Vintage Band available to Hire for Weddings and Functions in Southampton, Hampshire and throughout the South.
A band offering two distinct but complimentary styles, Mr K offer both vintage styled entertainment and more electrified contemporary rock and pop in one package.
Mr K offer two types of service perfect for weddings and parties looking for something unique. The band have been together since 2005 and have played hundreds of weddings, parties and events. The two different styles that the band offer are completely different yet compliment each other very well.
The first style can be described as a cross between The Gipsy Kings and Mumford and Sons playing all your favourite tunes from all time. The band cover tunes from Prince, Rihanna, Ne-Yo, Lady Gaga, Mumford and Sons and more with their own arrangements and spin. The band can lay back on the tunes for a more relaxed dining / drinks reception atmosphere or lean on the pace and get your guests up and dancing to their crazy versions of contemporary and classic tunes that everyone knows.
The second style is more similar to most weddings bands but with an edge that is completely unique to Mr K. As the band have had experience playing, gigging, living and touring with each other for many years they have a tightness, groove and vibe that goes unmatched. This band will get you and your guests up and dancing from start to finish. From ages 2 to 82 they always deliver something for everyone.
The band are able to offer both styles for your wedding either individually or a mix of both. They can provide a whole days worth of music. If you go for both styles it will be as if you have booked two bands for the day but with the price of only one!
The members of the band are top session musicians and have recorded for people all over the world. They have supported acts such as Status Quo, Roger Daltry and Toploader. They have backed hit stars such as Gareth Gates, 'lil Chris and James Bourne and have performed in West End musicals. They are the best of the best and you won't be disapointed if you book Mr K as your wedding or party entertainment.
- Electric Band - 2 x Electric Guitars, Drums, Bass, Male Lead Vocals, 3 x Backing Vocals.
- Vintage Band - 2 x Acoustic Guitar, Drums, Double Bass, Banjo, Violin, 4 x Male Vocals.
- Additional Female Vocals available.
- Amy Winehouse-Valerie
- Andy Williams-Can’t Take My Eyes Off You
- Arctic Monkeys-I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
- The Beatles -She Loves You
- The Beatles -I Saw Her Standing There
- Ben E. King -Stand By Me
- Blur -Parklife
- Blur-Song 2
- Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer
- Bryan Adams-Summer of 69
- Bruno Mars -Locked Out Of Heaven
- Chuck Berry - Johnny Be Good
- The Clash - Should I Stay Or Should I Go
- Elvis-Hound Dog
- The Fratellis-Chelsea Dagger
- Guns N Roses-Sweet Child Of Mine
- Jerry Lee Lewis -Great Balls of Fire
- Jet -Are You Gonna Be My Girl
- Journey- Don’t Stop Believin’
- Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl
- The Kaiser Chiefs- I Predict A Riot
- The Killers -Mr Brightside
- Kings of Leon -Sex On Fire
- Kings of Leon - Use Somebody
- The Kinks -You Really Got Me
- The Kooks-She Moves In Her Own Way
- Lady Gaga-Edge Of Glory
- Lady Gaga -Poker Face
- Lynyrd Skynyrd -Sweet Home Alabama
- Maroon 5 – Moves Like Jagger
- Mcfly-5 Colours In her Hair
- Michael Jackson-Beat It
- Michael Jackson -Medley – Man In The Mirror, Smooth Criminal, Bad, Black or White, Billie Jean, Thriller
- The Monkees- I’m A Believer
- Oasis- Champagne Supernova
- Otis Redding-Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay
- The Police -Message in a Bottle
- The Police -Every Breath You Take
- The Proclaimers-00 Miles
- Queen-I Want To Break Free
- Queen- Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Robbie Williams -Angels
- Steelers Wheel -Stuck in the Middle With You
- Take That -Shine
- The Undertones -Teenage Kicks
- Van Morrison- Brown Eyed Girl
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- Wilson Pickett -Mustang Sally
- Alphabeat -Fascination
- The Beatles Hard Days Night
- Billy Idol -Rebel Yell
- Blink 182-All The Small Things
- Blues Brothers -Everybody Needs Somebody
- Chuck Berry-No Particular Place To Go
- Coldplay -Viva La Vida
- Crowded House - Weather With You
- Cyndi Lauper-Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
- The Darkness- I Believe in a Thing Called Love
- Deep Blue Something -Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Dire Strait-Sultans of Swing
- Foo Fighters -The Pretender
- Foo Fighters -Long Road to Ruin
- The Foundations -Build Me Up Buttercup
- Franz Ferdinand-Take Me Out
- Free-All Right Now
- Green Day - Basket Case
- Hanson - Mmm Bop
- The Kaiser Chiefs-Ruby
- Kings of Leon- Molly’s Chambers
- The Killers-Human
- The Kooks - Naive
- Kula Shaker-Hush
- Led Zeppelin -Rock and Roll
- Nirvana -Smells Like Teen Spirit
- Pendulum -Propane Nightmares
- Reef-Place Your Hands
- Ricky Martin-Livin’ La Vida Loca
- Rod Stewart -Maggie May
- The Rolling Stones -Brown Sugar
- The Rolling Stones -Jumping Jack Flash
- Scouting for Girls -She’s So Lovely
- Shania Twain- Man I Feel Like A Woman
- Status Quo-Rockin’ All Over The World
- Steppenwolf-Born to be Wild
- The Stereophonics- Bartender and the Thief
- T-Rex -20th Century Boy
- Wham -I’m Your Man
- Wheatus -Teenage Dirtbag
- The Who -My Generation
- Vintage Styled Setlist
- We Found Love – Rihanna
- Black and Gold – Sam Sparro
- Lion Man – Mumford and Sons
- Walk The Line – Johnny Cash
- Time of Your Life – Greenday
- Scream – Usher
- Let Me Love You – Ne-yo
- Let’s Get It Started – Black Eye’d Peas
- Stand By Me – Ben E. King
- Dock Of The Bay – Otis Redding
- Beat It – Michael Jackson
- Are You Gonna Be My Girl – Jet
- Pumped Up Kicks – Foster The People
- Johnny B Goode – Chuck Berry
- Great Balls Of Fire – Jerry Lee Lewis
- Hound Dog – Elvis
- 1999 – Prince
- Sweet Nothing – Calvin Harris and Florence Welch
- Brown Eye’d Girl – Van Morrison
- Pencil Full of Lead – Paulo Nutini
- Don’t You Worry Child – Swedish House Mafia
- Mysterious Girl – Peter Andre
- Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
- Can’t Take My Eye’s Off Of You – Andy Williams
- Parklife – Blur
- You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) – Dead or Alive
- We Don’t Have To Take Our Clothes Off – Jermaine Stewart
- Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes
- I Will Wait – Mumford and Songs
- Ho-Hey – The Lumineers
- One Day Like This – Elbow
- She Said – Plan B
- All Night Long – Lionel Richie
- I’m Always Here – Jimmie Jaimison
- Hit Me Baby / Oops I Did It Again – Britney
- Shine A Light – McFly
- It Girl – Jason Derulo
- Take On Me – Aha
- Please Don’t Stop The Music – Rihanna
- Only girl In The World – Rihanna
- Love Machine – Girls Aloud
Plus more from the other setlist.
Thank you so much again you were all brilliant and everyone really enjoyed it you definitely bought the party!!
Mr K mainly perform at weddings and corporate events.
- The BIC, Bournemouth
- Norman Court, Salisbury
- Deans Court, Wimborne
- St Mary’s Stadium, Southampton
- Portsmouth Guildhall, Portsmouth
- The Wheatsheaf, Romsey
- The Tithe Barn, Petersfield
- Minley Manor, Surrey
- Landue, Launceston
- The Clock Barn, Whitchurch
- Bickley Manor, Kent
- Forde Abbey, Somerset
- HMS Sultan, Gosport
- Bindon Grange, Wimborne
- The Manor Barn, Petersfield
- Blake Hall, Essex
- Sandle Manor, Fordingbridge
- The Barn at Bury Court, Surrey
- Larkrise Barn, Cornwall
- Lulworth Castle, Dorset
- Rivervale Barn, Hampshire
- Highcliffe Castle, Christchurch
- Sir Harold Hillier Gardens, Romsey
- Fanhams Hall, Ware
- Barnstaple Hotel, Devon
- Foxcote Farm, Oxfordshire
- Wotton House, Dorking
- Treworgie Barton, Bude
- Ceno, Southampton
- Bury Down Farm, Farle
- The London Rowing Club, Putney
- The Hampshire Centre Court, Basingstoke
- Brenscombe Outdoor Centre, Dorset
- Norton-Sub-Hamdon Village Hall, Somerset
- Eastlands Estate, West Sussex
- Bournemouth Highcliffe Marriot
- Parkfields, Ross-on-Wye
- New Place, Southampton
- The Solent Hotel, Southampton
- The Brook, Southampton
- The Talking Heads, Southampton
- The Joiners, Southampton
- The Islington Academy, London
- Salisbury City Hall, Salisbury
- The Wedgewood Rooms, Portsmouth
- Rhinefield House, New Forest
Do I have to go for both styles?
No, we can play one or the other depending on your wants and needs.
What happens if one of your members is sick or you have to cancel?
In over 8 years of playing together we have never cancelled any show or event. If a member is sick on the day we have proficient and well rehearsed deps who can stand in at last minute for all players.
Will you learn a request or first dance?
Yes we are more than happy to learn anything you want! We usually learn a first dance and one other request for all gigs and are happy to create a vintage style arrangement for you if you wish.
How long is set-up?
We take 1 hour for vintage or electric when we are doing one of them. If both styles are needed we take 1.5 hours to be fully ready and sound checked.
Do you offer background music between sets?
We offer a pre-requested list of songs for between sets so you can ask for anything you want and we'll get it on! This can be for a disco or background music during a meal.
Do you provide all equipment and is it PAT tested?
Yes we provide everything you need including stage lighting and top of the range PA. All gear is PAT tested so we can play any venue or hotel.
Our venue has certain requirements including a sound limiter and the need for insurance. Can you still play?
We have £5million worth of insurance and can face almost any sound limiter. Due to the nature of the vintage style set-up we can play without power, if needs be, so can play any venue. The electric set-up is generally a little louder but we can still cope with most restrictions.
The Mr K standard performance schedule is different depending on the set-up and style you want.
- Vintage - 3 x 40 mins standard
- Electric - 3 x 50 mins standard
- Both - Up to 4.5 hours
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.