Robbie The Classical Guitarist
Robbie is a brilliant young Romantic Classical Spanish Guitarist. He is also a seasoned performer with hundreds of hours of professional playing to his name, all over the UK. Previous clients include the BBC, Arts Council England, Rock FM, Lancashire County Council and 5-star hotels. Available for corporate functions, restaurants, anniversaries, parties & weddings.
In 2017, Robbie has played at Royal Albert Hall London, Lunchtime season, and the International Spanish Festival.
Robbie The Classical Guitarist
Robbie can bring any event to life with his unique blend of Spanish classics through to modern popular songs. His style is unobtrusive, yet exceptionally atmospheric. Robbie's set up is completely hassle free - just one man and his guitar, who can be accommodated easily in any venue. Robbie has played in many settings including stately homes for Lords & Ladies, birthday gatherings, libraries, garden parties, high-teas, restaurants, cocktail parties, hotels and art galleries.
Robbie has a wide repertoire ranging from classics such as Cavatina – The Deer Hunter, Memories of theAlhambra, Romanza and Bach's Prelude, through to arrangements of popular music such as Fields of Gold, Here There and Everywhere, Love Story and Kiss from a Rose. He is a member of the Musicians Union, fully covered by public liability insurance and his musical equipment is PAT tested for professional performances.
- Just Robbie!
A unique blend of Spanish classics through to contemporary songs arranged especially for classical guitar:
- Andantino – Carulli
- Venticinque op. 60 - Carcassi
- Illyrian Lullaby -Addison
- Estudio No. 1 - Sor
- Here, There and Everywhere - Beatles
- Study in C - Sor
- Gran Vals - Tarrega
- Escocesa (Loch Lomond arr bySegovia)
- Estudio No. 6 - Sor
- Adelita - Tarrega
- Cavatina - Myers
- Romanza de Espana - Anon
- El Mestre – Llobet
- Andantino 2 - Carulli
- Por Sempre - Robertson
- Passacaille - Weiss
- Capricho Arabe - Tarrega
- Study in B minor - Sor
- Study in D - Sor
- Brahms Lullaby
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring - Bach
- Fantasia - Mudarra
- Niel Gow's Lament – Niel Gow
- Study in A - Carcassi
- Study in C - Sor
- Study in E minor - Tarrega
- Receurdos de la Alhambra - Tarrega
- Fields of Gold - Sting
- Kiss from a Rose - Seal
- Kemps Jig - Anon
- A Toy - Anon
- Unchained Melody
- If I fell - Beatles
- Lesson - Aguado
- Study in C Opus 31 No 1 - Sor
- Leccion 19 - Aguado
- Menuett - Sor
- Siciliana - Carulli
- Cello Suite No. 1 - Bach
- Love Story
- Angel - Robertson
- Speak Softly Love - N. Rota
- Tarantella - Trad
- La Coquina Francesa - Sanz
- Il Carnavale di Venezia - Benedict
- Happy Birthday
- Norwegian Wood
- The Way You Look Tonight
- PoDe Mico - Joaopernambuci
- Hallelujah - Cohen
- Tico Tico
- Paraguayan Dance – Outobrino D.Moraes
- Ode to Joy - Beethoven
- Malaguena – Spanish Traditional
- Love Me Tender
- Carnival ofVenice– Julius Benedict
- Sons de Carrilhoes – Joao Pernambuco
- Amazing Grace – Traditional
- Lady Jane – Rolling Stones
- Alegria – Bartolome Calatuyud
- Flamenco Pick – Jurg Hochwenber
- Fandanguillo - Bartolome Calatuyud
- Fields of Athenry – Irish Traditional
- Bridal Chorus – Wagner
- Wedding March – Mendelssohn
Robbie was amazing! We had a Spanish themed wedding and he was the perfect accompaniment for our day. He was so lovely and personable and such an accomplished musician. We can not recommend him highly enough!
Robbie is a gifted musician his music helped us to create a warm and gently uplifting ambience at my Dad's funeral reception. He provided just what we were looking for, I would definitely book Robbie the Classical Guitarist again.
Very talented Musician. Played a wonderful, perfectly gauged repertoire at our wedding. Understood exactly the vibe we were looking for and delivered to a high standard all round. Highly recommend.
He was a charming young man who was extremely anxious to please. I have had very positive feedback from my guests who enjoyed his accomplished playing, and also chatting to him in his (to our Yorkshire ears) 'foreign' Lancashire accent. He certainly made my party one to remember and I would recommend him as a wonderful musician for any occasion. Thanks for all your help.
What a class act! the music was perfect and "Robbie" is a perfect gentleman. The whole booking from finish to end was easy, stress free and I couldn't have wished for a better start to the evening. Everyone who attended commented on the professionalism and talent of this gentleman..... thank you very much :-)
Excellent. A lovely chap and exceeded expectations - would not hesitate to book him again. We thoroughly enjoyed his music. Thank you.
Robbie's beautiful classical guitar performance was the perfect accompaniment to our wedding drinks reception. Robbie is extremely friendly and pleasant and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.
What a brilliant performance with a personality to match.
We can't recommend Robbie more highly. We were so pleased with his performances and he was a pleasure to meet and work with. Robbie had a really professional and friendly relaxed approach from start to finish and his music added the perfect tone to our day. Not surprisingly, many guests mentioned throughout the day (and since) how accomplished Robbie is, and we will definitely be looking him up in the future. Thanks for everything!
Fantastic artist - Robbie was very accommodating and professional and everyone loved him. Thank You.
Amazing! I would totally recommend this man! Beautiful music, all our guests loved him x
Robbie was excellent, his performance was great and got great reviews from our guests at the wedding, especially from a number of guitar players who were present. Robbie needed no management on the day and slotted in really well. I would certainly recommend Robbie.
Robbie The Classical Guitarist was fantastic - just right for this event and a really lovely guy too. I would totally recommend him for future events of this nature.
Robbie was absolutely fantastic and I would highly recommend him at any event. He played during the champagne reception and as we sat down to dinner and it just worked so well. I have had several comments in thank you cards of just how good he is. He is such a lovely gentleman too, I cannot commend him enough. Thank you to Warble also for being so professional and this great find!
A very smart, personable young man,who turned up on time and everybody commented on what an excellent player he was. I would not hesitate to recommend him, he really added atmosphere to our party.
- BBC Television - BBC One, BBC Restoration, BBC Roadshows
- Festejar - International Spanish Festival
- Rolls Royce
- The Beaumont Society
- Rock FM - Provided music for Bridal Wars Winners
- Lancashire County Council - Played at various libraries, art events & civic ceremonies
- Hyndburn Borough Council
- Arts Council England
- Loud in Libraries events across Lancashire
- Night Sites Museum Events across Lancashire
- Haworth Art Gallery, "Tea at Tiffany event"
- Mayor Making ceremonies
- Accrington Pipe Band 100th Anniversary - supporting musician
- Restaurant Work for venues across the UK including: La Tasca, La Vina, The Cedar Tree (Newhey) The Yew Tree (Chorley)
- Bletchley Park, Bucks
- Rotary Club Dinners
- Freemason Events
- Numerous Wedding Venues - Stanley House Hotel, Whalley Abbey, Dunkenhalgh Hotel, Ribby Hall Spa
- Garden Parties, Society Fairs
- Valentines Dinners at The Olive Garden, Standish
- Royal Albert Hall London, Lunchtime season
- International Spanish Festival
How long do you play for?
I usually play 2 x 45 minute sets. This is of course, flexible.
How long do you take to set-up?
I like to be at the venue half an hour before for set-up.
Do we need to provide you with anything?
A standard plug socket. I have my own stool and amplification.
- 2 x 45 minute sets
- Can provide music inbetween sets through PA
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.