With a charismatic front-man and energetic band, Skaville never fail to get the audience up and moving to the 2-tone classics by the likes of the Specials, Madness, Bad Manners and the Selector. Skaville also pay homage to the birth of Ska with tracks by artists such as Toots and the Maytals, Desmond Dekker and Jimmy Cliff.
Skaville is an established 6 piece band made up of a bunch of fun loving musicians whose energy knows no bounds. Skaville have been playing the national circuit for 15 years providing reliably enthusiastic performances. They have played several hundred shows in that time ranging from small local venues to larger corporate events and weddings to national outdoor festivals.
The standard 6-piece ‘Madness’ line-up
- Tenor sax
- Lead vocals with band backing vocals.
Skaville also offer other line up options which would include either an extra brass player for the full 'Specials' sound, or an additional singer/front man which gives the performance an extra dimension.
- A MESSAGE TO YOU RUDI (The Specials’ version)
- BAGGY TROUSERS (Madness)
- CAN’T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU (Andy Williams / Bad Manners)
- CHASE THE DEVIL (Max Romeo and The Upsetters)
- EMBARRASMENT (Madness)
- ENJOY YOURSELF (The Specials’ version)
- FATTY FATTY (Bad Manners)
- GANGSTERS (The Specials’ version)
- GHOST TOWN (The Specials)
- THE HARDER THEY COME (Jimmy Cliff)
- HOUSE OF FUN (Madness)
- ISRAELITES (Desmond Dekker)
- IT MUST BE LOVE (Madness)
- LIP UP FATTY (Bad Manners)
- LITTLE BITCH (The Specials)
- LIQUIDATOR (Harry J All Stars)
- LONGSHOT KICK DE BUCKET (The Pioneers)
- MADNESS (Madness)
- MIRROR IN BATHROOM (The Beat)
- MONKEY MAN (The Specials’ version)
- NITE CLUB (The Specials)
- ON MY RADIO (The Selecter)
- ONE STEP BEYOND (Madness)
- PRESSURE DROP (Toots and The Maytals)
- SKA WARS THEME (Skaville/John Williams/LucasFilm)
- NIGHTBOAT TO CAIRO (Madness)
- PASS THE DUCHIE (Musical Youth)
- SHAME AND SCANDAL (Peter Tosh)
- SKINHEAD MOONSTOMP (Symarip)
- SPECIAL BREW (Bad Manners)
- TEARS OF A CLOWN (The Beat’s version)
- THE DEATH MARCH (Skaville/John Williams/LucasFilm)
- TOO MUCH PRESSURE (The Selecter)
- TOO MUCH TOO YOUNG (Specials)
- YOU CAN GET IT IF YOU REALLY WANT (Jimmy Cliff)
- 54 – 46 (Toots and The Maytals)
- 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY (Skaville/Richard Strauss/Stanley Kubrick)
These guys played at our wedding and they were fantastic! Everyone was dancing and the lead singer gave it everything he had! Amazing talent, amazing atmosphere, I can't fault them.
Skaville were one of the high-points of our wedding reception, a week or so on and people are still talking about their set. They were incredibly organised and professional, arriving with all their gear, setting up and managing to sound check very quickly to allow a seamless transition from the meal at what was a very small venue. Once on stage the band were consummate performers. The sound quality was amazing, and they were fun and energetic. Everyone from the bride's 70 year old father to the groom's 14 year old sister were on the dance floor. It is also worth mentioning that the band learned at least two special requests from us in the weeks before the wedding, which they performed faultlessly on the night. Bob was a pleasure to deal with in the run up to the event. Do yourself a favour and hire these guys.
Thanks for a brilliant night last night, everybody said how much they enjoyed themselves. Hope it’s not too long before I can go to another of your gigs. Thanks you were well worth it.
Over the years Skaville has supported artists such as: The Selector; Aswad; Geno Washington; Jools Holland with Rico Rodriguez (The Specials); Chaz and Dave; Bill Bailey. On an individual level, Skaville's sax player regularly performs with Bad Manners, while the drummer is currently playing in Status Quo.
Skaville is a fully live band and insists on performing without the use of backing tracks. The standard ‘Madness’ line-up consists of kit drums, bass, guitar, keyboards, tenor sax and lead vocals with band backing vocals.The band also offer other line up options which would include either an extra brass player for the full 'Specials' sound, or an additional singer/front man which gives the performance an extra dimension.
Skaville are happy to negotiate with clients to accommodate their requests and previous gigs have seen us perform as all the above-mentioned line-ups as well as with a three-piece brass section. Typically, sets range from 2 x 45 minutes to 2 x 60 minutes, but again, they try to be flexible catering to the needs of the client.
Typically, sets range from 1 x 60minute set to 2 x 45 minutes and 2 x 60 minutes, but again, Skaville will try to be flexible - catering to the needs of the client.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.