The Yorkshire Harpist
Looking for an exceptional wedding harpist? Imagine a wedding ceremony without music. Impossible, isn’t it? Live music is the emotional refinement that completes the day you’ve been dreaming of. With 30 years’ experience providing unforgettable music for weddings, the Yorkshire Harpist's repertoire is colourful and comprehensive and there’s something for everyone. Any special music that means the world to you? Requests are taken where it fits the style of the harp.
Her warm, friendly personality and excellent communication skills mean she can actively engage with you to ensure that your wedding music will dazzle, delight, captivate and enthrall!
This prize winning harpist's passion for music and the harp, along with her warm friendly personality and professionalism make her the ideal choice for your wedding.
The Yorkshire Harpist
The Yorkshire Harpist's love story with the harp began at the tender age of five after seeing a harpist perform on television. Spellbound, she’d open doors and “play” them, pretending they were harps. After three years of constantly begging her parents, one Christmas, there it was. Her first harp. She never looked back.
Her talent was affirmed with the attribution of numerous prizes and scholarships, and her passion for the harp took her on a musical voyage to France for intensive study, and to South Africa where she was principal harp with the Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra.
Now based in West Yorkshire, she loves offering a personal musical touch to weddings and special events, as well as exploring her role as solo performer, chamber musician and pedagogue alongside her orchestral playing.
The Yorkshire Harpist's love for music and the harp are contagious and will add that wow factor to your event!
- Welsh Traditional – Llety’r Bugail (entrance/exit)
- George and Ira Gershwin – Embraceable you (entrance)
- Wagner – Bridal Chorus from “Lohengrin” (entrance)
- Pachelbel – Canon in D (entrance)
- Delibes - Flower Duet from Lakmé (entrance)
- Mendelssohn – Wedding March (exit)
- Clarke – Prince of Denmark’s March (Trumpet Voluntary) (exit)
- Handel – Allegro Maestoso (Hornpipe) (exit)
- Mozart – “Such Chiming Melodious” from “Magic Flute” (exit)
- Beethoven - Ode to Joy (exit)
- (Titles in bold above are suggested processional and recessional pieces for your ceremony. If you want pop music, that’s fine too!)
- J S Bach – French Suite No 6
- Debussy – Arabesque No 1
- Arne – Largo
- Rousseau – Minuet
- Mozart – Minuet in F
- Galuppi – Sonata in D
- Field – Nocturne in Bb major
- Hasselmans – Rêverie
- J S Bach/Grandjany – Etude No 6
- Cras – 2 Impromptus
- Arne – Gigue
- J S Bach – Prelude in C major
- Tournier – Quatre Preludes
- Satie – Gymnopedie No 1
- John Thomas – Bugeilio’r Gwenith Gwyn
- John Thomas – “Summer” and “Autumn”
- Clarke - Chaconne
- Haydn – Gavotte Gracieuse
- Challoner – Allegretto
- Bochsa – Etudes
- Calon Lan – Welsh Hymn
- Traditional Welsh Melodies
Light Classical/Jazz/Film Music
- Arlen/Coates – Over the Rainbow
- Armstrong - Portuguese Love Theme (Love Actually)
- Aznavour - She (Notting Hill)
- Bernstein – Somewhere (West Side Story)
- Bloom – Fools Rush In
- Elton John - Can You Feel the Love Tonight (Lion King)
- Des'ree - Kissing You (Romeo+Juliet)
- Fain – Secret Love
- Garner – Misty
- Garner – Dreamy
- Gershwin – Love Walked In
- Gershwin – S’Wonderful
- Gershwin – But Not For Me
- Gershwin – Somebody Loves Me
- Gershwin – Bidin’ My Time
- Gershwin - Summertime
- Gershwin – Embraceable You
- Gordon – Unforgettable
- Horner - For the Love of a Princess (Braveheart)
- Kern – Smoke Gets in Your Eyes
- Lai - Theme from Love Story
- Lane – Everybody Loves Somebody
- Lanjean – Forbidden Games
- Mancini – Days of Wine and Roses
- Maxwell – Ebb Tide
- Mercer – Dream
- Mercer/Mancini – Moon River
- Porter – Night and Day
- Previn – You’re Gonna Hear From Me
- Rodgers - Bewitched
- Rodgers – My Funny Valentine
- Romberg – Lover Come Back to Me
- Sondheim – Send in the Clowns
- Suessdorf – Moonlight in Vermont
- Weiss/Shearing – Lullaby of Birdland
- Young – When I fall in Love
- Can't Help Falling in Love (Elvis - Blue Hawaii)
- Abba - Fernando
- Christina Perri - A Thousand Years
- Cyndi Lauper - True Colours
- Duran Duran - Save a Prayer
- Ella Henderson - Yours
- Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight
- George Michael - Careless Whisper
- Stevie Wonder - If it’s Magic
Absolutely thrilled with my decision to book The Yorkshire Harpist, she played beautifully and our guests loved our choice of music for the ceremony. The Yorkshire Harpist emailed me a few weeks prior to the wedding to ask what sort of music we enjoyed and she was so helpful in giving us choices that suited our theme and taste in music. Can't thank The Yorkshire Harpist enough for being part of our wonderful day, apologies for not saying thank you personally but the photographer had whisked us away before having chance to do so.
Does The Yorkshire Harpist play outdoors?
No, Due to theb inconsistent nature of the great british weather, The Yorkshore Harpist performs indoor only.
Does she have Public Liability Insurance?
Yes, Certificates can be supplied upon booking.
Can you play anything on the harp? Can I have a special request?
You can choose your ceremony music and she will always try to learn your special requests, although not everything works the harp. The Yorkshire Harpist plays a selection from her wedding music for your drinks reception and wedding breakfast.
How long is she there on the day?
The Yorkshire Harpist will be ready to play half an hour before your ceremony. She plays while your guests wait for your entrance, for the signing of the register, then for your exit as a couple. Drinks usually last an hour. For the wedding breakfast, she plays throughout your meal until coffees are served, before your speeches. If you are having speeches before your meal, please inform prior to the day.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.