Siona the Somerset Harpist
Siona the Somerset Harpist studied both Harp and Voice at The Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama where she was awarded a Distinction in her Masters Degree.
She then went on to study at the Royal College of Music, London gaining a Postgraduate Diploma in Performance.
Siona is a very experienced musician who has played the harp for Church and Civil wedding ceremonies, private functions, corporate events and public recitals since 1996, as well as being an established soprano soloist both on the concert platform and stage.
*Siona has performed extensively to a wide variety of audiences throughout the UK and abroad*
Siona the Somerset Harpist
Siona studied both Harp and Voice at The Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama where she was awarded a Distinction in her Master’s Degree. She then went on to study at the Royal College of Music, London gaining a Postgraduate Diploma in Performance.
Siona is a very experienced musician who has played the harp for Church and Civil wedding ceremonies, private functions, corporate events and public recitals since 1996, as well as being an established soprano soloist both on the concert platform and stage. She has performed extensively to a wide variety of audiences throughout the UK and abroad.
Siona interprets a wide range of styles on the harp from the Baroque period to the present day and is always happy to discuss the choice of music with her clients. She usually performs a combination of light Classical pieces, traditional Welsh and Irish melody arrangements and more contemporary items depending on her clients’ wishes.
Siona is currently based in the West Country and is very happy to travel nationwide for your event.
Popular 'Classical' Melodies
- Anon - Greensleeves
- J S Bach: Air on a G String
- J S Bach: Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring
- J S Bach : Prelude in C
- J S Bach : Sheep may Safely Graze
- Beethoven: Fur Elise
- Beethoven: Ode to Joy (reduction)
- Brahms - Lullaby
- Clarke: Chaconne
- Clarke: Trumpet Voluntary (Prince of Denmark's March)
- Debussy: Clair de Lune
- Delibes: The Flower Duet
- Dvorjak: New World Symphony (reduction)
- Faure: Pavane
- Handel: Arrival of the Queen of Sheba
- Handel: Hornpipe from 'The Water Music'
- Handel; 'Largo'(theme from 'Serse')
- Haydn: St Anthony Chorale
- Mascagni: Cavalleria Rusticana (Intermezzo)
- Mendelssohn: O For the Wings of a Dove
- Mendelssohn: Wedding March (traditional exit music)
- Mozart: Romanze from 'Eine Kline Nachtmusik'
- Myers: Cavatina: (Theme tune from the film ‘The Deer Hunter’)
- Pachebel: Canon in D
- Puccini: O Mio Babbino Caro
- Rota : Love Theme (from the film ‘Romeo and Juliet’)
- Schubert: Lullaby
- Strauss: Waltz 'The Blue Danube'
- Vivaldi: Spring – Third Movement from 'The Four Seasons'
- Wager: Wedding March (Here comes the Bride)
Other 'Classical' Repertoire
- A M Bach: Minuet
- Bochsa: Etudes
- Bondoufle – Study no. 10
- Dussek: Sonatina No.2
- Handel: Allegro
- Handel: Carillon
- Handel: Passacaille
- Handel: Tema Con Variationi
- Hasselmans: La Source
- Hasselmans: Reverie
- Hasselmans: Rouet
- Naderman: Sonata No.2
- Parry: Sonata in D
- Purcell: Hornpipe
- Purcell: Chaconne (From 'The Fairy Queen')
- Renie: Esquisse
- Renie: Angelus
- Thomas: Watching the Wheat
Traditional / Celtic
- All Through the Night: Welsh
- Danny Boy (Londonderry Air): Irish
- Molly Malone: Irish
- Mountains of Mourne: Irish
- O’Carolan’s Air: Irish
- Scarborough Fair: Arranged by Friou
- She Moved through the Fair: Irish
- The Foggy Dew: Irish
- The Lark in the Clear Air: Irish
- The Green Glens of Antrim: Irish
- The Kerry Dance: Irish
- To a Wild Rose: E MacDowell
- When Irish Eyes are Smiling: Irish
- David of the White Rock: Welsh
- Land of My Fathers: Welsh
- My Heart: Welsh
- Megan's Fair Daughter: Welsh
- Men of Harlech: Welsh
- The Old Year is Passing: Welsh
- The Ash Grove: Welsh
- A Whole New World : From Walt Disney's 'Aladdin'
- Angel of Music: Lloyd Webber
- Amazing Grace - Anon
- All I Ask of You: Lloyd Webber
- Autumn Leaves: Joseph Kosma
- Close Every Door to Me: Lloyd Webber
- Can you feel the love tonight (from The Lion King): Elton John
- Can't Help Falling in Love with you: Elvis Presley
- Everything I Do: Brian Adams (Theme tune from the film ‘Robin Hood Price of Thieves’)
- Fields of Gold: Sting
- Fool on the Hill: Beatles
- From this Moment: Celine Dion
- Fly me to the Moon: Bart Howard
- Have I told you lately: Van Morrison
- Hey Jude: Beatles
- Heaven: Bryan Adams/DJ Sammy
- I Will Always Love You: Dolly Parton
- Lady Marion: Ciaran Brennan
- Love Theme from Romeo & Juliet : Rota
- Love Changes Everything: Lloyd Webber
- Memory: Lloyd Webber
- Moon River: Mancini
- Music of the Night: Lloyd Webber
- My Heart Will Go On: James Horner (Theme tune from the film ‘Titanic’)
- Norwegian Wood: Beatles
- Perfect Day: Lou Reed
- Pie Jesu: Lloyd Weber
- Runaway: The Corrs
- Rule the World: Take That
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow (From the Wizard of Oz): Arlen
- Thank you: Dido
- The Rose: Amanda McBroom
- The Wind beneath my Wings: (sung by Bette Midler) Silbar/Henley
- Time After Time: Cyndi Lauper
- Unchained Melody: Alex North
- Yesterday: Beatles
- You Will Never Walk Alone: Carousel
Siona is a Soprano and specialises in the Baroque and Classical periods, although she is happy to sing anything from Bach to Eva Cassidy! Siona can suggest Organ/keyboard accompanists if required, can use backing CDs or is happy to sing unaccompanied if necessary.
Particular classical favourites for traditional wedding ceremonies include:
- Bach - Sheep may safely graze
- Faure: Pie Jesu
- Franck: Panis Angelicus
- Gounod/Bach – Ave Maria
- Gershwin – Summertime
- Schubert – Ave Maria
- Lloyd Webber: Pie Jesu
- Faure – Pie Jesu
- Mozart – Exultate Jubilate
- Mozart – Alleluia
- Mozart – Laudate Dominum
- Vivaldi – Nulla in Mundo Pax Sincera
- Puccini – O Mio Babbino Caro
- Tradtional – As She moved through the Fair
- Traditional – The Lark in the Clear Air
Modern favourites include:
- Eva Cassidy -'Songbird',
- Josh Groban - 'You raise Me up'
- Judy Garland - 'Somewhere over the Rainbow'
- Desree – Kissing You
Siona is more than happy to learn new vocal repertoire, so should there be a song you would particularly like that is not on this list, please ask, and if possible Siona will learn it for you!
We were so lucky to find Siona, as we left it really late to book. She looked stunning and played beautifully, it made the wedding complete.
Throughout the day and evening many people said how much they enjoyed your beautiful playing. It certainly added an extra 'something special’ to the whole event and we are very thankful that you were able to play for us.
The dulcet tones of the harp can create a truly magical moment at your wedding whether you have decided on a Church or civil ceremony. A typical Wedding ceremony package includes a half hour pre-ceremony recital as the guests assemble, the entrance of the bride, a signing of the register interlude and the exit of the wedding couple.
Having a solo singer at your wedding can add a more traditional element to your ceremony. As Siona is also a trained classical singer, this makes her the ideal artist to have for your wedding celebrations. Although she does not sing at the same time as playing, Siona is always happy to incorporate any separate vocal items you might require.
Why not have her play the harp and sing, combining her talents for your special day!
Drinks receptions are usually the moment seized upon by photographers to capture your day on film, but this can be a lengthy period for your guests with nothing to do but drink champagne! Romantic music played on the harp can create a welcoming atmosphere for your guests whilst your presence is required elsewhere.
A Combination of musical styles played on the harp can add a very special touch to the meal. The beautiful sound of the harp has the advantage of never being intrusive to conversation whilst its ambient qualities can still be heard over a large party of guests.
The romantic sound of the harp can add a touch of elegance and class to any special occasion. Siona has played background music for many such events including Wedding anniversaries, Birthday parties, Christenings, Garden parties, Celebratory Dinners, Balls and Valentines events.
Background music on the harp is a very popular choice for businesses that want to create a relaxed and ambient atmosphere for their clients. Siona can provide music for official openings, business dinners and functions, and can also play a selection of seasonal Christmas music ideal for Christmas events.
For something a little different, Why not have Siona sing for a pre/ post dinner concert. She currently offers a varied programme of Opera and Cabaret favourites from Puccini to Gershwin and can provide her own accompanist.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.