Manchester String Trio
Manchester String Trio provide high-class entertainment for weddings, parties and corporate functions.
With a many distinguished clients throughout the UK, this group of professionals is second-to-none in their field and has much experience to draw on to provide the perfect musical accompaniment to your event. They play a huge range of music from famous classical tunes through to toe-tapping jazz and contemporary pop - something for everyone!
Manchester String Trio
These talented musicians have worked with Snow Patrol, Elbow, Emeli Sande, Gareth Malone, Bryn Terfell, Russell Watson, Katherine Jenkins, David Hasselhoff (to name but a few), and make regular appearances on television and radio. They have been working together as a trio for several years and have provided music for hundreds of events of all kinds, from weddings (large and small scale!) through to parties and corporate functions.
Similar to a string quartet in sound, having the piano gives us that unique edge and makes us more versatile when it comes to playing more contemporary music. Our violinist is also a professional singer and so we can provide a song or two if required (for example, during a wedding ceremony).
Although not the complete list, this page should give you an indication of the kind of music Manchester String Trio play. If you are looking for advice or specific pieces for your wedding music choices, feel free to get in touch with Warble. Manchester String Trio can offer a bespoke arranging service if you have a particular song in mind.
- Pachelbel’s ‘Canon’
- Eine Kleine Nachtmusik – Mozart
- Air on the G string – Bach
- The Water Music (Various pieces) – Handel
- Arrival of the Queen of Sheba – Handel
- Prince of Denmark’s March - Clarke
- Sleeping Beauty Waltz – Tchaikovsky
- Barcarolle from Tales of Hoffman – Offenbach
- Andante from Piano Concerto No.21 (‘Elvira Madigan’) – Mozart
- Arioso – Bach Ave Maria – Schubert
- Bess you is My Woman - George Gershwin
- Allelujah from Exultate Jubilate – Mozart
- O mio babbino caro – Puccini
- Carmen medley – Bizet Flower Duet (BA advert!)– Delibes
- Marriage of Figaro selection– Mozart
- Hungarian Dance No5 – Brahms
- Blue Danube – J. Strauss
- Humoresque – Dvorak
- Waltz of the Flowers – Tchaikovsky
- La Ci Darem – Mozart
- Spring from the Four Seasons – Vivaldi
- Sleepy Lagoon (Desert Island Discs Theme)
- HMS Pinafore selection – Sullivan
- Brindisi – Verdi
- O sole Mio None but the lonely heart – Tchaikovsky
- Polotsvian Dance – Borodin (‘Stranger in Paradise’ theme)
- Berceuse from Dolly Suite – Faure
- Standchen – Schubert
- Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana – Mascagni
- Merry widow waltz – Lehar
- Emperor Waltz – Strauss
- Waltz from ‘Masquerade’ – Kachaturian
- Andante from Piano Trio in D minor – Mendelssohn
- Mazurka from ‘Coppelia’ – Delibes
- Skater’s Waltz – Waldteufel
- Ballet music from ‘Rosamunde’ – Schubert
- Pavane – Faure
- Sicillienne - Faure
- Pizzicato polka – Strauss
- March Militaire – Schubert
- Radetsky March – Strauss
- Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring – JS Bach
- Kashmiri Song (‘pale hands I loved’)
- Dance of the Comedians – Smetana
- Melody in F - Rubinstein
- Funeral March of a Marionette – Gounod
- Minuet in G – Beethoven
POP / EASY LISTENING / JAZZ
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri (from Twilight)
- A Whole New World – Disney’s Aladdin
- All you need is Love (Beatles)
- Anything Goes / I got rhythm – Cole Porter / Gershwin
- Best Day of My Life – American Authors
- Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
- Cheek to Cheek – Cole Porter
- Endless Love – Diana Ross / Lionel Richie
- Fields of Gold - Sting
- Fly Me to the moon
- Game of Thrones Theme
- Here There and Everywhere (Beatles)
- I Get a Kick Out of You – Cole Porter
- Isn’t she lovely – Stevie Wonder
- It Must Be Love – Madness
- It Don’t Mean a Thing if it Ain’t Got that Swing
- Jeeves and Wooster theme tune
- Let it Go - Frozen
- Let’s Face the Music and Dance – Nat King Cole
- Liberty Bell (Monty Python theme)
- Long and Winding Road (Beatles)
- Love and Marriage – Sinatra
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- Moon River
- Music to Watch Girls By – Andy Williams
- Nobody Does it Better – Carly Simon
- Pennies from Heaven (Sinatra)
- Puttin’ on the Ritz – Irving Berlin
- Rialto Ripples (Gershwin)
- She (from Notting Hill) – Elvis Costello
- Something (Beatles)
- Somewhere only we know - Keane
- Somewhere over the rainbow
- Somewhere’ from West Side Story
- Stand by Me – Ben E King
- Sway – Michael Buble
- Theme from ‘Up’
- That’s Amore – Dean Martin
- Unchained Melody – Righteous Brothers
- Viva la vida – Coldplay
- Whatever - Oasis
- Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
- Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- You Say it Best – Ronan Keating
- You’ve Got a Friend in Me (Toy Story) – Randy Newman
- Your Song – Elton John
TANGO / TRADITIONAL
- Por Una Cabeza (tango from ‘Scent of a Woman’)
- El Choclo (Tango)
- La Cumparsita
- Chau Paris
- Tomo y Obligo
- Greensleeves / Scarborough Fair
- Londonderry air (Danny
I was so delighted with the trio, music was beautiful, uplifting tempo just right and they were delightful and accommodating people. Thank you so much for helping make my birthday celebrations such an enjoyable occasion.
We hired the Manchester String Trio to provide our wedding music. They were very professional and catered exactly to our requirements. They even arranged a piece of music that was not in their repertoire at our request. As for the big day, they arrived on time, required minimal input to set up and organise themselves, and surpassed our expectations. The music was played beautifully and many of our guests told us how much they enjoyed the music. They played before the ceremony as the guests arrived, during the ceremony and afterwards during the drinks reception. If you’re planning on live music at your wedding, I can’t recommend the Manchester String Trio enough. Weddings are an administration nightmare, and this band played exquisitely, had a good price and were stress free.
Manchester String Trio have played at weddings at many popular venues around the UK, such as Peckforton Castle, Chatsworth House, Arley Hall and Rowton Castle.
Corporate clients have included House of Fraser, Toyota, Waterstones, Manchester Council and CityCo.
Does there have to be a piano on site?
No, as long as there is a power socket nearby the trio provides everything necessary for the performance.
Where are you based?
We live in Manchester, but will travel anywhere in the world!
What kind of music do you play?
Our repertoire is extensive, covering classical, jazz, pop and tango. We are happy to arrange special requests, but a small fee may apply if we have to arrange or purchase the music.
What are the trio’s requirements at an event?
We ask for two chairs (without arms), some light refreshments, and parking space near the venue.
Do you sing?
We are essentially an instrumental trio, but Rosy (violinist) is also a professional singer and can provide a beautifully sung song or two if required (for example, during a wedding ceremony).
Wedding package, which can be adapted to suit your needs:
- Ceremony: music as guests arrive for 20 minutes, entrance and exit of bride and groom, plus signing of registers and hymns (if applicable)
- Drinks Reception: usually 2 x 45 minute sets with a short break between
- Wedding Breakfast: usually 2 x 30 minute sets with a 15 minute break between
For corporate clients, Manchester String Trio would usually play sets of 45 minutes with breaks, as required.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.