A popular trend emerging over the last few years at weddings is the shoe game.
Easy to do, this fun game provides the stage for a lot of laughter and draws your guests in!
The wedding shoe game is one the most popular wedding reception games we see couples playing on their big day. It is simple to follow and can appeal to all ages.
How do you play the wedding shoe game?
This game is so simple setup and involves hardly any preparation. It is an easy reception game to play yet remains a good source of entertainment.
Place two chairs back to back in the middle of the dance floor so that the bride and groom both can sit on them.
The bride and the groom take off their shoes and exchange one with each other. They should have one of their own shoes, and one of their partner’s shoes at hand.
The DJ, host or MC like best man can start asking them several pre-prepared questions to see how well they know each other.
Here, the couple must prove their knowledge of each other! Questions like “who is the best cook” or “worst driver” can be used to stir up excitement and drama.
Lifting up the correct shoe, the couple must prove their knowledge of each other!
Here is a video of the wedding shoe game in action so you can see how it works for yourself:
Wedding Shoe Game Questions List:
Here is the ultimate list of wedding shoe game questions for your wedding reception!
Included is a mix of funny shoe game questions that is sure to get a great reaction from all your wedding guests. Choose between 25-30 of your favourite ones to add to your own list of questions. We hope you have a blast playing at your own wedding!
- Who is better at keeping secrets?
- Who has the better taste in music?
- Who is more likely to get lost?
- Who wears the pants in the relationship?
- Who is the bigger party animal?
- Who pays the bills?
- Who made the first move?
- Who is most likely to lose their keys?
- Who snores the loudest?
- Who wakes up first?
- Who is the pickier eater?
- Who is the better kisser?
- Who is the better dancer?
- Who did most of the wedding planning?
- Who is the better driver?
- Who takes the longest to get ready?
- Who said ‘I love you’ first?
- Who is the messiest?
- Who is the best cook?
- Who has the best in-laws?
- Who is the smartest?
- Who is more clumsy?
- Who would last the longest on a deserted island?
- Who uses more toilet paper?
- Who is more forgetful?
- Who eats the most junk food?
- Who is the best singer?
- Who will have a mid-life crisis first?
- Who has the crazier family?
- Who is more likely to start an argument?
- Who has more exes?
- Who is more self-obsessed?
- Who is more sarcastic?
- Who is the most competitive?
- Who is more emotional?
- Who farts more?
- Who cries whilst watching a sad movie?
- Who is always the first to apologize?
- Who is the better lover?
- Who plans the best date nights?
- Who spends more money?
- Who has the bigger butt?
- Who loves to travel more?
- Who believes in aliens?
- Who burps more?
- Who exercises more?
- Who loves animals more?
- Who is more likely to break a bone?
- Who is more adventurous?
- Who is always late?
- Whose shoe stinks more?
- Who is the biggest baby when they are sick?
- Who spends more time on their phone?
- Who is more likely to want kids first?
- Who checks themselves out in the mirror the most?
- Who is more likely to max out their credit card?
Wedding Shoe Game Tips & Instructions
Here are some frequently asked questions and advice for how to make sure your wedding shoe game goes down a storm!
When is the best time to play?
The shoe game is the perfect icebreaker for your marriage party.
We suggest the best time to play the shoe game at your wedding is in the gap after eating and before your first dance. Take to the dance floor and begin asking your wedding shoe game questions so everyone can watch and enjoy after their meal.
This really brings everyone together and creates a great segway into your evening party before your wedding band kicks things off.
How many questions should you have for the wedding shoe game?
Our list is massive so you have loads of choices for wedding shoe game questions. We recommend that you keep your final list of shoe game questions to between 25-30, or else it can drag on.
How do you end the wedding shoe game?
Your DJ, best man or game host should incite a round of applause for the bride and groom to signal the end of the shoe game.
You should end on a strong question, or even something as simple as “who do you love the most in this world?” for a romantic ending!
Who should host the game?
It’s important to pick the right person to run the game at your wedding. You want someone with a sense of humour who can read the crowd and tailor questions for you. It’s even better if they know the bride and groom well.
Your wedding DJ, MC, or best man is a great choice.
How do I get more laughs?
To have your wedding shoe game run smoothly it’s important to make sure you don’t have too many questions. People may start getting bored.
You also need to not only choose good questions, but order them smartly. Our best advice is to have 2 or 3 easy ones, and then a really tricky or controversial one to really shake things up! End on a really big question so it doesn’t fall flat.
Do we have to use shoes to answer?
Absolutely not. Why not get creative and use something different to hold up? Anything that indicates clearly what your answer is, whether it’s table tennis rackets with initials on, or even something more elaborate.