Dynamic and versatile 5 - 10 piece live party band that has become one of the most popular acts in East Anglia. Outstanding musical talent, huge repertoire, flexible and friendly approach, Adept never fail to exceed expectations, time and time again.
- Outstanding audience participation
- Setlists adapted on the night to suit each audience (also happy for clients to choose their own favourites from the band's playlist!)
- Charismatic and entertaining female lead vocalist with powerful, espressive vocal sound
- Permanent line-up of incredible musicians
- All ages and musical tastes catered for
Professional enough to cope, personal enough to care
This highly sought after band has played extensively throughout the UK and abroad at Weddings, Corporate Dinner Dances, Charity Balls, Christmas Parties, Private Parties, Jewish Celebrations and Scottish Ceilidhs.
Why choose Adept?
- Excellent Vocals
Lead singer Debbie has an exceptional voice and years of experience playing leading roles in rock and pop musical theatre shows and concerts in top theatres, stadiums and other prestigious venues throughout the UK and abroad. She brings her talent, energy and experience to every event, resulting in a performance that holds the attention of everyone in the room, packs the dancefloor, is interactive and totally personal.
- World Class Musicians
Adept also features incredible world class musicians and backing vocalists, who have also appeared with and supported celebrities such as Pixie Lott, Kylie Minogue, The Foundations, Avril Lavigne, Will Young, Shane Ritchie, The Drifters, The Average White Band, Limahl (Kajagoogoo), Gwen Dickey (Rose Royce), Tom O’Connor and Bonnie Langford, to name but a few.
Adept have been repeatedly booked by many delighted clients including Harrods, Radisson SAS, Ferrari Owners Club, Jaguar, Range Rover, Lloyds TSB, Sir Bobby Robson, BT, Bank of Scotland, Price Bailey Accountants, SLP Engineering, Powergen, Amec and many more.
- Attention to detail
You can rely upon Adept to use their combined talent to help shape a fantastic night for you and your guests. The band's attention to detail is faultless; they make sure they are fully prepared in advance so that everything runs smoothly on the day, they take great care during their set up and sound check to ensure you have the best possible sound on the night, they're unobtrusive when not performing and only use high quality professional equipment. An evening with Adept is everything you’d expect from a top line act and a lot more...
Adept’s huge repertoire recreates the sounds of soul legends (Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye to name just three) right through to more recent pop icons including Adele, Kings Of Leon, Bruno Mars and the Kaiser Chiefs. Adept’s set also encompasses an excellent party mix of 80’s hits including "Livin' On A Prayer", “Billie Jean” and "Summer of 69", as well as a popular selection of music from the 60s and 70’s with all time favourites including “Build Me Up, Buttercup”, “Sweet Home Alabama” and “Don’t Stop Me Now”. Adept carefully selects a general mix from their extensive repertoire for each event and adapts their sets on the night, where necessary, to suit the age range and musical tastes of each audience.
Adept can also provide optional extra jazz and swing sets, live dinner music, Christmas songs, James Bond theme tunes, Scottish Ceilidh dancing with 'Calling' of popular dances including the "Gay Gordons", "Strip The Willow" and the "Dashing White Sergeant" and Jewish celebrations are also catered for with a specially selected medley of popular songs, sung in Hebrew, for a traditional Jewish hora. Adept can also provide their in-house manned DJ service, with a huge back catalogue of crowd pleasing favourites as well as all the latest chart hits. Adept’s charisma, energy and talent is unrivalled. They know how to get the party started and will fill the dance floor whatever the occasion! Be prepared for a night of explosive atmosphere and fantastic music.
- Line-up options
Boost the vocal power with Adept’s 2nd female vocalist. Makes for a stunning show as well as adding that edge with some fantastic girl power harmonies! The Adept horn section is another addition worth considering. Whether you’d like just sax, sax & trumpet or the full trio with trombone too, you just can’t beat the authentic sound of real horns, especially in those soul numbers.
Adept uses a pro industry standard 5kW touring rig suitable for most venues and audiences of up to 400, as standard. They also carry a smaller 2kW vocal PA suitable for speeches, which can also be used with the main PA for larger venues. Adept also provides a stage lighting system and dancefloor lighting (including strobes, moonflowers and lasers) as standard.
- Standard line-up (5 piece band): Drums, Keys / Piano, Guitar, Bass, Lead Female Vocalist and Four Male Backing Vocalists
- Additonal players available (up to 10 piece band): Sax, Trumpet, Trombone, Percussion, additional Lead Female Vocalist
Sample from Adept's extensive playlist...
2000 to current chart hits
- I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
- Get Lucky - Daft Punk
- One Way Or Another/Teenage Kicks - One Direction/Blondie
- Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
- Rolling In The Deep - Adele
- Dance With Me Tonight - Olly Murs
- Crazy In Love - Beyoncé
- Sex On Fire - Kings Of Leon
- Mercy – Duffy
- I Predict A Riot – Kaiser Chiefs
- Price Tag – Jessie J
- Valerie - Mark Ronson/Amy Winehouse
- I Don't Feel Like Dancing - Scissor Sisters
- Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
- Grace Kelly - Mika
- Groovejet - Spiller
- I'm Outta Love – Anastacia
- Lady Marmalade - From Moulin Rouge
- Take Your Mama Out - Scissor Sisters
80s and 90s
- 9 to 5 - Dolly Parton
- Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
- Maria – Blondie
- Dance The Night Away - The Mavericks
- Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
- Let Me Entertain You - Robbie Williams
- Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
- Love Really Hurts Without You - Billy Ocean
- Man, I Feel Like A Woman - Shania Twain
- Simply The Best - Tina Turner
- Sing It Back - Moloko
- Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
- Wake Me Up Before You Go Go - Wham!
- Walking on Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves
- Word Up – Cameo
- Build Me Up, Buttercup - The Foundations
- I Got You (I Feel Good) - James Brown
- I Heard It Through The Grapevine - Marvin Gaye
- Knock On Wood - Eddie Floyd
- Midnight Hour - Wilson Pickett
- Shake Your Tailfeather – Ray Charles
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered - Stevie Wonder
- Blame It On The Boogie - Jackson 5
- Celebration - Kool & The Gang
- Dancing Queen - Abba
- Hot Stuff - Donna Summer
- I Wish - Stevie Wonder
- Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry
- Superstition - Stevie Wonder
- We Are Family - Sister Sledge
60s & 70s rock and pop
- Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
- Daydream Believer - The Monkees
- Hound Dog - Elvis
- I Saw Her Standing There - Beatles
- Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry
- La Bamba - Richie Valens
- Long Train Running - Doobie Brothers
- Proud Mary - Tina Turner
- River Deep, Mountain High - Tina Turner
- Rock n Roll - Led Zeppelin
- Shout – Lulu
- Sweet Home Alabama – Lynryd Skynryd
- Twist And Shout – Beatles
Easy Listening / First Dance Type
- Angels – Robbie Williams
- Amazed - Lonestar
- Better Together - Jack Johnson
- Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You - Andy Williams
- First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack
- I'll Stand By You - The Pretenders & Girls Aloud
- Let's Stay Together - Al Green
- She’s The One – Robbie Williams
- Stand By Me - Ben E King
- Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers
- Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
- Wonderful World - Eva Cassidy
- You're Still The One - Shania Twain
Jazz & Swing standards
- Ain’t Misbehavin; - Dina Washington
- Autumn Leaves - Eva Cassidy
- Cheek to Cheek - Eva Cassidy
- Everything - Michael Bublé
- Fly Me To The Moon - Frank Sinatra
- Lady Is A Tramp - Frank Sinatra
- Let There Be Love - Nat King Cole
- Manhattan - Ella Fitzgerald
- Mas Que Nada - Sergio Mendes
- Moondance - Van Morrison
- Save The Last Dance For Me - Michael Buble
- Summertime - Billie Holiday
- Dashing White Sergeant – Scottish Ceilidh dance
- Gay Gordons – Scottish Ceilidh dance
- St Bernard's Waltz – Scottish Ceilidh dance
- Strip The Willow – Scottish Ceilidh dance
- Eightsome Reel – Scottish Ceilidh dance
- Military Two Step - Scottish Ceilidh dance
- Reel of the 51st Division - Scottish Ceilidh dance
Jewish Traditional music
- Am Yisrael Chai
- Hava Nagila
- Mazel Tov
- Od Yishama
- Siman Tov
- Tzena Tzena
The band were fantastic. They played a mixture of great dance music and the dance floor was never empty. Debbie has a great rapport with everyone and a brilliant voice. Everything the band played was so well done. All our guests had such a good time. Debbie and the band were worth every penny.
We had the most amazing time last night - you made everything so, so special. Thank you for everything you did. We've had another gathering today and so many people told us how impressed they were with you and how fantastic you made the evening. It was incredible and exactly the atmosphere we had hoped for!! We couldn't have asked for more. A few people have asked for your details so hope to see you at another event soon!! Thank you and very best wishes to you all.
- Ferrari Owners Club
- Range Rover
- Lloyds TSB
- Sir Bobby Robson
- Bank of Scotland
- Price Bailey Accountants
- Radisson Blu
- SLP Engineering
- Lakeside Retail Centre,
- Chamber of Commerce
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- Norfolk County Council
- Somerleyton Hall
- Outdoor stadium, Cyprus
- Dover Castle
- Birmingham NEC
- The De Vere Grand
- Ramada Jarvis
- Crown Plaza
- Radisson Blu
- Kimbolton Castle
- East of England Showground
- Suffolk Showground
How far will the band travel?
Adept are based in East Anglia and are available for functions in Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
How long do you play for?
The Adept’s standard set times are usually 2 x 60 mins or 3 x 40 mins. Extra playing time (eg. background jazz for arrival drinks, dinner jazz sets, extra party sets, James Bond Themes, Jewish medley, Scottish Ceilidh dancing sets, etc) can easily be accommodated upon request.
Will I need to book a disco as well as the band?
The choice is yours! Adept can be booked with or without a disco as the band will leave suitable pre-mixed music playing during breaks on an i-pod. Alternatively, they can provide their own in-house manned DJ service during breaks, please do enquire for more information. Of course, if you already have a DJ in mind you'd rather use, that's absolutely fine too!
Do you have insurance against accidents and damage at venues?
Adept has public liability insurance of up to £5M and all electrical equipment is fully PAT tested.
How do you dress?
The band’s usual style of dress is glamorous evening dress for the women and smart black suits and shirts for the men. With advance notification, alternative outfits including formal black tie, 70s or 80s party gear can be worn.
What are the different line-ups for the band?
The minimum line-up for Adept is a 5 piece band which includes drums, keyboards, bass guitar, lead guitar, female lead vocalist and 3 male backing vocalists. Additional players (eg. sax, trumpet, trombone) and vocalists can easily be added, please enquire for more information.
How loudly do you play?
The band can play as loudly or quietly as you like. Adept has played at many functions of differing size and can tailor the volume to the size of the room and number of people, bearing in mind that we are a party band and pretty lively! Please let us know if your venue has a sound limiter as our drummer has the option of bringing an electronic drum kit, which allows us even more control over the volume.
How much do you charge?
Pricing varies according to the size of line-up you prefer, distance of travel, set-up and finish times and the length of time you wish the band to play. Please contact Warble for a personal quote.
Do you have any specific requirements?
The band request a changing room suitable for the number of people in the line-up you have chosen and a stage/setting up area of 6m x 3m, although smaller stage sizes can be accommodated by setting up some equipment off either side of the stage. The band needs a minimum of 2 x 13 amp mains sockets near the stage for indoor events or supply of 32 amps single phase at 240V allocated to the band for outdoor events, including marquees (further details available on request). The band would very much appreciate food (including one vegan, if possible) and soft drinks, especially when required to be on site for a significant amount of time.
- 2 x 60 mins or 3 x 40 mins
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.