Evan Young is a Solo Singer Guitarist for Hire in Sheffield, South Yorkshire and throughout the UK.
Bringing a fresh, sophisticated and imaginative approach to the covers act format, Evan Young plays original, quirky and contemporary arrangements of classic songs from the fifties to the present day.
- Fresh, fashionable and current act
- A varied and original repertoire of classics and rarities from the fifties to the present day
- Able to arrange a special request song for a small fee
- Fully self-contained with very compact and discrete PA system
- Great care is taken over achieving the best possible acoustic and vocal sound
- Available UK wide
Perfect music to accompany a dinner, reception or ceremony, Evan's music is subtle without being forgettable, sophisticated without being conventional, and always impeccably performed.
With a decade writing recording and playing in some of the best indie and alt-folk acts behind them, Evan (vocals/guitar) brings a new perspective to the wedding and function music scene, with imaginative and creative takes on unexpected songs and the most current chart hits, along with tasteful covers of classic tracks.
If you’d like to hear your favourite songs, but with a twist, or your music tastes are a little more on the eclectic or adventerous side, Evan Young is the ideal act for you, with his large repertoire of classics, album tracks and hidden gems. You can certainly expect the unexpected from this witty, creative and sophisticated musician.
- Evan Young - Vocals and Acoustic Guitar
The 21st Century
- Last Request - Paulo Nutini
- I’d Rather be With You – Joshua Radin
- Let Her Go - Passenger
- Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
- Locked Out of Heaven - Bruno Mars
- I'm Yours, I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz
- Hallelujah - Leona Lewis
- A Thousand Years - Christina Perry
- Firework – Katy Perry
- Kids – MGMT
- You Make it Real for Me - James Morrison
- Rolling in the Deep – Adele
- One Day Like This – Elbow
- Mr Brightside - The Killers
- Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
- Beneath Your Beautiful – Labrynth
- If I Could Change Your Mind - Haim
- Video Games - Lana Del Rey
- All of Me - John Legend
- Ho Hey - The Lumineers
- Latch - Sam Smith/Disclosure/Kodaline
- Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
- Grow Old With Me - Tom Odell
- The A Team - Ed Sheeran
The 80’s and 90’s
- Ain't Nobody - Chaka Khan
- Hungry Eyes – Eric Carmen
- Handle With Care - the Travelling Wilburys
- Easy - Lionel Richie
- Fallin’ – Alicia Keys
- Eternal Flame – The Bangles
- You Do Something to Me - Paul Weller
- Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper
- Half the World Away, Wonderwall – Oasis
- A Girl Like You - Edwin Collins
- Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Tears for Fears
- The Outdoor Type – The Lemonheads
- Heaven - Bryan Adams
- A Million Love Songs, Back for Good – Take That
- I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash
- One Love, Is This Love, Waiting In Vain – Bob Marley
- Isn’t She Lovely, Signed Sealed Delivered I’m Yours, You are the Sunshine of my Life – Stevie Wonder
- Lovely Day, Lean on Me – Bill Withers
- Dancing Queen - ABBA
- Heroes – David Bowie
- Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
- I Won’t Back Down – Tom Petty
- Peaceful Easy Feeling – Eagles
- Superstar – The Carpenters
- Slip Sliding Away, You Can Call Me Al – Paul Simon
- Waiting in Vain - Bob Marley
- Baby I love Your Way – Peter Frampton
- Don’t Stop, Everywhere, Little Lies – Fleetwood Mac
- Heart of Gold – Neil Young
- Stuck in the Middle – Steelers Wheel
- Three Times a Lady - The Commodores
- Stand By Me – Ben E King
- Some Kind of Wonderful – The Drifters
- When a man Loves a Woman – Percy Sledge
- Be My Baby – The Ronettes
- Heard it Through the Grapevine – Marvin Gaye
- Need your Love so Bad, Everywhere, Don't Stop – Fleetwood Mac
- Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
- Wichita Lineman – Glen Campbell
- Here Comes the Sun, Blackbird, In My Life, Something, Hey Jude – The Beatles
- Wild Horses – Rolling Stones
- Sunny Afternoon, Waterloo Sunset – The Kinks
- God Only Knows, Wouldn’t it be Nice, Don’t Worry Baby – The Beach Boys
- Don’t Think Twice It’s Alright, Blowing in the Wind – Bob Dylan
- Hallelujah – Leonard Cohen
- Love is All Around - The Troggs
- Higher and Higher - Jackie Wilson
50’s and Before
- Ring of Fire, Rose of My Heart, You are My Sunshine, I Walk the Line – Johnny Cash
- Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- Fly me to the Moon, The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra
- True Love Ways – Buddy Holly
- All I Have To Do is Dream – The Everly Brothers
- You Send Me, Cupid, Wonderful World – Sam Cooke
- Love me Tender, Always on My Mind, Are You Lonesome Tonight - Elvis
Evan was excellent, a really talented musician who was relaxed and played exactly what we wanted. He was really good in the build up to the wedding - we spoke on the phone a couple of times and he always came across professional and approachable. I would certainly recommend him to anyone.
What a terrific performer! Evan Young was sublime playing and singing at our wedding. It took me a long time to find the right person - I would recommend Evan without hesitation - he is very talented and very professional, also just a lovely, lovely bloke :-) Thank you!!!
Evan was perfect for our wedding ceremony. He was really professional both during the planning and on the day. He phoned us ahead of the wedding to go over the timings and to check he knew exactly what we wanted. He then delivered it on the day without any problem. A really enjoyable addition to our wedding. Thank you.
What an amazing day! Evan was great. He is very talented and the music he played for us was perfect. Many of the guests were very complimentary. Evan was very flexible and let us choose a song which was special to us for the ceremony.
Beautiful original sound - Evan was such a find and him playing whilst I walked down the aisle and during the ceremony was truly something special.
Great guy & great voice. Thank you for being a part of our big day, the music was excellent and the relaxed tone put our guests in a relaxed mood. Cannot recommend this guy enough!
Evan was perfect for our wedding and fitted the laid back style we wanted for the day. Really nice bloke, brilliant singer and guitarist, and very professional. Everybody commented on how good he was and I will definitely recommend him to everyone I know. Thanks, Dan
Evan was absolutely brilliant. A fantastic musician with a voice to match. Evan’s acoustic set in the barn meant there wasn’t a dry eye in the house during the ceremony. He entertained our guests with some awesome covers in the beer garden during the drinks reception. Before the event he was very accommodating and allowed us to select the perfect song for Helen to walk down the aisle to. We loved listening to Evan and would recommend him to anyone. We could not have chosen a better musician for our special day. Helen and Rory
Evan was extremely polite and professional from the start. We booked him at very late notice and communication throughout was thorough and reassuring. Unfortunately being the bride, I never actually got to see Evan perform as he was welcoming in the guests and providing entertainment while we were having our photo's taken but I have had many comments from family and friends about how good he was and how he matched the music to the setting perfectly. I can't wait to watch the wedding video back and see for myself. Thanks Evan!
The whole process was excellent from start to finish - Evan was a pleasure to deal with & made the day even more special.
Excellent, really fitted in well with our relaxed chilled out wedding. Evan has a great voice and guitar playing. Great range of song choice as well. Kids and adults loved him. Was very flexible in moving between rooms mid-wedding. He left before end of our night (as agreed) but packed up easily and quietly. Would strongly recommend.
Evan played and sung beautifully at our wedding, everyone commented on how fantastic he was and was extremely accommodating with song requests. 10 out of 10 from us.
From start to finish the process of booking Evan, working with Evan, and meeting him on the day was brilliant. He was so lovely and I received so many comments about how amazing he was. I am positive it won't just be us booking him for future parties and events. We're especially grateful that he learnt our first dance song - really made it special! Thank you
Very talented musician, was enjoyed by all.
As soon as I heard the samples I just knew we had to have Evan sing and play at our Wedding. Evan was so polite from the moment we met him until we said goodbye at the end of his set. We asked Evan to perform at that time between the wedding breakfast and the evening reception and Evan created the most beautiful laid back relaxing atmosphere. I could have just listened to him all day but I had things to sort out. So much so we're having a second reception and I'm hoping that Evan will be available to play at this too! Everyone that heard him commented on the beautiful way he played the guitar and the mesmerising sound of his voice. Evan thank you so much for making our day so special!! Maz & Jon - South Wirral April 2014
Absolutely faultless! Quality of music, presence in the room, communication you name it was perfect! Every guest commented on how beautiful the music was. In the two sets played at our drinks reception, a number of requests were included, which were outstanding. Evan's style is truly unique. A huge thank you from Mr & Mrs Munday!
Fantastic guy x
I couldn't have been any happier with Evans performance, he played during our ceremony which added such a special touch and then afterwards during reception drinks. He was very professional throughout and even played a couple of unplanned requests from me, which made my day. My guests all commented on the wonderful quality of his singing and guitar playing so if you are looking for something unique for your special day then look no further! You will not be disappointed!
Evan, many thanks for the pre and ceremony sets that you provided. Extremely professional and smart. The music was pitched just right to create the perfect atmosphere for our wedding. The guests were all complimentary on the performances and commented on what an excellent musician Evan is. We would definitely recommend Evan and certainly would look to book him again on both a personal and corporate level. Thanks Evan for setting the perfect scene on our memorable day. We have some professional pictures of the day which capture Evan if you would like us to forward these to you. Best wishes Mr & Mrs R Simpson
From the moment we first spoke to Evan, to the last minute of the event, Evan was polite, easy to work with and stood up to the challenges we threw at him, going above and beyond the call of duty. But more than that, there's an air about Evan Young, a presence, something in the way that he plays, the way that he sings. An effortless quality that just demands to be heard. Each song that Evan played on our evening was well chosen and beautifully portrayed, nothing as you expected, but somehow more beautiful than the original. Evan is a class act that deserves real success and we would definitely book him again for events in the future.
- Liverpool City Council - The Lord Mayor & Town Hall
- Light Night Liverpool
- The Walker Art Gallery
- The Williamson Art Gallery
- Liverpool Hope University
- Thornton Hall Hotel
- The M.O.D. & Various R.A.F. functions
- A range of weddings, private parties and formal dinners
- For evening events - starting at 7pm or later, there is a £60 surcharge
- Standard performance times are 2 x 45 minute sets, with a short break in between.
- Longer or shorter performances can be catered for as agreed, and subject to amended fees.
- Special bespoke song requests can be arranged for £25 per song.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.