Femmes of the Forties
All the songs you expect with a vintage twist.
A unique 1940s themed vocal harmony trio who will dazzle with their dulcet tones and adorable dance routines. Femmes of the Forties charm guests with their polished sound, audience interaction, vintage look and comedic banter. A perfect nostalgic twist for any type of event!
"... divine divas with delicious harmonies - fabulous entertainment." - BBC Radio Cambridge
"Rip-roaringly funny, great crowd interaction" - Cahoots London
Femmes of the Forties also have a Hollywood themed act which include songs from 1920s - 1940s movies and musicals. A little more glitz and glamour but with all the charm and humour of the wartime act.
They also have an adorable vintage Christmas set ideal for parties and events. All the songs you expect with a vintage twist. We also have a festive themed roaming 'A Capella' option.
‘The band sprinkled their fairy dust harmonies on our very successful event at Waterloo station, bringing smiles to many thousands of battle hardened commuters.’ - The Evening Standard
Femmes of the Forties
In springtime 1944, 3 New York City broads moved to London, England as part of the war effort and have been making waves ever since. With their captivating close-harmony singing, charming choreography and comedic banter there is no stopping these gals. They have performed on BBC radio, at Ronnie Scott’s, aboard HMS Belfast, Tall Ships Regatta, Ascot Racecourse, Duxford Aerodrome, The Victoria & Albert Museum as well as main stage at Twinwood Festival. They have been featured in the London Evening Standard following successful Christmas performances at London’s Waterloo Station. In their debut year they put on their own 5 night show which helped cement them as one of the most authentic 1940’s trios on the circuit...
Femmes of the Forties adopt American personas and wear authentic replica uniforms or pretty vintage dresses, whilst singing in perfect harmony. Expect audience participation, comedy and lots of great music!
- A-Capella set - 30 minutes
- With Backing Tracks (1 x 55 mins, 2 x 30 mins, 2 x 40 mins or 2 x 55 mins)
- With Pianist (1 x 55 mins, 2 x 30 mins)
- With 4 or 6 Piece Band (2 x 40 mins or 2 x 55 mins)
- Also available with additional Male Vocalist in the style of Bing Crosby
- In The Mood (Glenn Miller)
- Chattanooga Choo Choo (Glenn Miller)
- Pennsylvania 6-500 (Glenn Miller)
- Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive (Bing Crosby & The Andrew Sisters)
- Don't Fence Me In (Bing Crosby & The Andrew Sisters)
- Get Your Kicks on Route 66 (Bing Crosby & The Andrew Sisters)
- Rum and Coca Cola (The Andrews Sisters)
- Say Si Si (The Andrews Sisters)
- Alexander's Ragtime Band (The Andrews Sisters)
- Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B (The Andrews Sisters)
- The Butcher Boy (The Andrews Sisters)
- Bounce Me Brother, with a solid four (The Andrews Sisters)
- Tico Tico (The Andrews Sisters)
- Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree (The Andrews Sisters)
- Bei Mir Bist Du Schon (The Andrews Sisters)
- Sing Sing Sing (The Andrews Sisters)
- Beer Barrel Polka (The Andrews Sisters)
- South American Way (The Andrews Sisters)
- The Coffee Song (The Andrews Sisters)
- Lullaby of Broadway (The Andrew Sisters)
- Straighten Up and Fly Right (The Andrew Sisters)
- Rhumboogie (The Andrews Sisters)
- Pennsylvania Polka (The Andrews Sisters)
- Beat Me Daddy, Eight To The Bar (The Andrew Sisters)
- Hold Tight, Hold Tight (The Andrew Sisters)
- I'll Be With You In Apple Blossom Time (The Andrew Sisters)
- The Woodpecker Song (The Andrew Sisters)
- Straighten Up & Fly Right (The Andrews Sisters)
- Oh Mama (The Butcher Boy) (The Andrews Sisters)
- Oh Johnny (The Andrews Sisters)
- Lullaby of Broadway (The Andrews Sisters)
Hollywood Themed Act...
- It Had To Be You (20's Standard)
- Let's Face the Music & Dance (Nat King Cole)
- Puttin' on the Ritz (Ella Fitzgerald)
- Too Darn Hot (Ella Fitzgerald)
- How D'Ya Like Your Eggs in the Morning (Dean Martin & Helen O'Connell)
- I Wanna Be Loved By You (Helen Kane)
- I Wanna Be Like You (Louis Prima)
- Get Happy (Ruth Etting)
- Let's Call The Whole Thing Off (Ella Fitzgerald)
- Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye (Ella Fitzgerald)
- That's Amore (Dean Martin)
- L-O-V-E (Nat King Cole)
- Swing on a Star (Bing Crosby)
- Why Don't You Do Right? (Peggy Lee)
- It's a Good Day (Peggy Lee)
- Button Up Your Overcoat (Ruth Etting)
- Java Jive (The Ink Spots)
- Careless Whisper (Postmodern Jukebox)
Plus, vintage Christmas Songs including....
- Jingle Bells
- White Christmas
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
- Christmas Island
- Santa Baby
- Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow
- Winter Wonderland
- The Christmas Song
- Here Comes Santa Claus
- Baby it's Cold Outside
- Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
- I'd Like to Hitch a Ride with Santa Claus
- Santa Claus is Comin' to Town
- Last Christmas (swing version)
- Fairytale of New York (A-Capella Swing version)
Femmes of the Forties were booked as the act for our 40th Wedding Anniversary Party - A Forties themed evening. They were brilliant... just brilliant! I can't sing their praises highly enough.
Feedback for the band on the night was very good from our clients and also our staff! Ahead of the event, the band were very professional and were easy to get hold of on email and more than happy to fully understand the event and requirements beforehand in order to tailor their performance - which was great! I didn't attend the event myself but the feedback I received was that overall the band were fun with their interaction with the audience, and the music was good, ir sounds like they really were a hit with our guests!
We booked Femmes of the Fourties to perform at our annual 1940s Weekend as an exciting new addition to the event and the girls certainly made an impression. Their glamorous style, gorgeous harmonies and charismatic personalities wowed visitors and quickly made them one of the highlights of the weekend. We would not hesitate to book them again in the future.
The girls were brilliant and therefore so was the evening. Thank you especially to Sam who found them at such short notice.
The girls are professional, personable and great performers. Our event wouldn't have been the same without them. They put smiles on the faces of passersby and people who came especially for the event, a fabulous day had by all. I will definitely look to book the band at other events in the future.
Femmes of the Fourties are clever gals - divine diva's with delicious harmony's - fabulous entertainment!
- Westfield London & Stratford
- The Royal lnternational Air Tattoo
- Ascot Racecourse
- OXO Tower
- Tall Ships Festival - Greenwich
- The London Classic Car Show
- Duxford Aerodrome
- Ascot Racecourse
- Goodwood Revival
- HMS Belfast
- The Victoria & Albert Museum
- Twinwood Festival
- Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club & Bar
- Chatham Historic Dockyard
- RAF Manston
- Hitchin Lavender
- Chandos House
- Montague on the Gardens Hotel
- Chatham Historic Dockyard
- Coolhurst Tennis Club
- Colour House Theatre
- The Evening Standard
- Mr Fogg's Residence
- Mrs Fogg's
- The Grove Hotel
- Tate & Lyle Sugars
- Kettering Borough Council
- Bath Christmas Markets
- HMS Culdrose
- Sherbourne Castle
- King Edward Court Shopping Centre, Windsor
- The Library Gym, Notting Hill, London
- Cahoots Soho, London
- Evans & Peel Detective Agency
- Draft House, Farringdon
- East Lancashire Railway
- Yorkshire Air Museum
- The Posh Club
- RAF Marham
- Darlington Borough Council
- Imperial War Museum, Duxford
- The Royal British Legion
- The Earl Haig Hall
- Temple at War Show
- Capel Manor Gardens
- Barts, Chelsea
- Quex Park
- Bentley's Fairs
- Bun & Bar
- MASH Dance Company
- Bentley's Fairs
- Maldon Town Council
- Weston College
What does the guide fee include?
The guide price is based on 2 x 40 minute sets with backing tracks.
Can you costume change between sets?
We certainly can and love to! We have a selection of authentic American military uniforms such as WASP overalls and Nurses Corp as well as a collection of beautiful vintage dresses.
Do you perform without music?
Yes, we do a budget busting 30 minute A-Capella set (no music or mics), ideal for ceremonies or office parties!
Do you perform with a live band?
Yes - a fabulous 6 piece band. We can also provide a great 4 piece band (Double Bass, Drums, Piano and Sax) for smaller budgets.
Do you provide music between sets?
We sure do - music of a similar theme.
Are you available for photographs after the show?
Do you do requests?
No, due to the complexity of the songs we do not do requests, but given enough notice we can arrange a song of your choosing in 3-part harmony.
What else can we expect?
Perfectly choreographed routines, lots of fun and comedic banter in character. Oh and maybe some of Lois' cupcakes!
What makes you different from other vintage trios?
We are strictly 1920's to 1940's and we do what we do very well. We also adopt 1940's personas and perform in character throught the entire show. There is also lots of comedy and audience interaction. We also have mastered some beautifully intricate harmonies and cute dance routines. Guaranteed to make you laugh and cry!
- 1 x 30 minute A-Capella set without PA system & mics
- 1 x 55 minute set with backing tracks (no break)
- 2 x 30 minute sets (with 15 minute break and music)
- 2 x 40 minute sets (with 20 minute break and music)
- 2 x 55 minute sets (with 30 minute break and music)
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.