Groove 2 Q
Groove 2 Q are the funkiest corporate / party function band, featuring all your favourite dance floor-filling hits. As a band familiar with this scene, Groove 2 Q understand the importance of your event and offer the ideal solution.
Groove 2 Q
Groove 2 Q provide a professional package that includes all equipment required for the band’s performance and the band adheres to load in, set up and sound check times, allowing you to concentrate on making your event a success, whilst Groove 2 Q deliver another party night to remember.
Groove 2 Q consists of five versatile professional musicians, who provide top quality entertainment for Event Managers, Agents, Promoters and Private Function organisers who strive to deliver a fresh, live and exhilarating sound to their audience.
With their vast musical experience (from rock concerts to dinner dances) they can be hired for all functions with confidence, e.g. Corporate Events, Theatres, Weddings, Parties and more.
- Carol - Lead Vocal
- Marcus - Keyboards & Vocals
- Brian - Guitar & Vocals
- John - Bass & Vocals
- William - Drums & Vocals
- Street Life – The Crusaders
- She’s the One – Robbie Williams
- We are family – Sister Sledge
- Poker Face – Lady Gaga
- Waiting in vain – Bob Marley
- Could you be loved – Bob Marley
- Mercy – Duffy
- Millennium – Robbie Williams
- Price Tag – Jessie J
- Let me entertain you – Robbie Williams
- Play that funky music – Wild Cherry
- Le Freak – Chic
- Old before I die – Robbie Williams
- Night Fever – Bee Gees
- More than a woman – Bee Gees
- If I can’t have you – Candi Staton
- Don’t stop believing - Journey
- Nights on Broadway – Candi Staton
- Valerie – Amy Winehouse
- Walking on sunshine – Katrina and the waves
- Disco Inferno – Tina Turner
- Angels – Robbie Williams
- You should be dancing – Bee Gees
- Young hearts run free – Candi Staton
- Love shack – B52’s
- I shot the Sheriff – Eric Clapton
- Addicted to love – Robert Palmer
- Baby when you’re gone – Mel C & Bryan Adams
- End of the road – Gladys Knight
- Strong – Robbie Williams
- Emotions – Destiny’s Child
- Car wash – Rose Royce
- Good times – Chic
- Another one bites the dust – Queen
- Don’t stop til you get enough – Michael Jackson
- Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
- Walk this Way – Aerosmith
- Sunday Morning – Maroon 5
A great end to a fantastic wedding day, Groove 2 Q Band was excellent!
- Centre Parcs (Longleat – Elveden – Sherwood)
- Pontins (Brean Sands – Prestatyn Sands – Hemsby
- Pakefield – Camber Sands)
- Vauxhall Holiday Park (Great Yarmouth)
- Butlins (Minehead – Bognor – Skegness)
- Ramada Jarvis
- De Vere
- Grosvenor Park Lane
- Hilton Park Lane
- Moat House (Plus Many More)
- London Clubs Management Ltd (Rendezvous, Southend – The Sportsman, Marble Arch London)
- Grosvenor (Blackpool – Manchester)
- Stanley Casinos (Blackpool)
- David Lloyd Centre (Southampton – Bristol – Bournemouth)
- Esporta Leisure/Sports (Brighton – Southampton – Poole – Bolton – Bristol)
- Theatre Royal Norwich
- Grande Theatre Leeds
- Derngate Theatre Northampton
- Everyman Theatre Cheltenham
- Opera House Jersey
- Forum Theatre Billingham
- Playhouse Theatre Harlow
- Kings Theatre Southsea
- Pavillion Theatre Rhyl
- Playhouse Theatre W.S.M.
- City Hall Salisbury
- Pier Theatre Bournemouth
- Potters Bar Norfolk
- Gate House Theatre Stafford
- Theatre Royal Windsor
- Opera House Manchester
- Liverpool Empire
- Theatr Brycheiniog (Brecon)
- Belgrade Theatre Coventry
- Palace Theatre Redittch (Plus Many More)
- RAF Waddington
- RAF Lyneham
- RAF Colerne
- RNAS Yeovilton
- RAF Hullavington
- Portland Naval Base
- RAF Fairford
- RAF Brize Norton
- RNAS Culdrose
- RAF St Athan
- Cunard QE2 (Cruising)
- P&0 Oriana (Richmond Corporate Events)
- National Trust (Open Air Festivals). Durham Park – Basildon Park – Gawsworth Hall – Shelford Park
- Blotts Country Club
- Cadbury House Country Club
- Disneyland Paris
- Cross Chanel Connections (European Open Air Festivals)
- Dieppe (France)
- Aniche (France)
- Bandol (South of France)
- Obigies (Belgium Beer Festival)
- Douai (French Beer Festival)
- Dubai (Irish Village – Marina – Various Hotels)
- Nec (Motor Show)
- Chicago Rock Café (All Venues)
- Hart Radio (London/Birmingham)
Q. How many of you are in the band and what instruments do you play?
Groove 2 Q perform as a 5 piece with female lead vocals, keyboards & shared lead vocals, guitar & backing vocals Bass & backing vocals and drums & vocals.
Q. Do you use backing tapes or mini disks?
No. All music is played completely live.
Q. Do you provide your own PA and lighting?
Yes, our booking fee includes a 6K professional HK CONCERT sound system & NJD QUARTET lighting system. The system is suitable for between 50 & 1250 guests and comes complete with a professional sound & lighting engineer.
Q. How long does it take you to set up your equipment?
Between 1 – 2.5 hours depending on ease of access and the amount of equipment and lighting required for your event.
Q. What venues will you play?
Groove 2 Q perform at a wide variety of venues from village halls to large country estates, theatres and hotels. We will also perform in marquees or outdoors, under cover, weather permitting. Any venue will be considered.
Q. How much space do you need?
Generally a stage 6.0m by 3.5m is adequate for our performance, however any reasonable area will be considered.
Q. How far are you willing to travel?
We are more than happy to perform anywhere in the world so long as it is financially viable.
Q. How far in advance should I book you?
As early as possible! Popular dates are often booked 6 – 12 months in advance, but please check with us as we can be available at very short notice if the date is free.
Q. Are there any hidden costs?
Absolutely not, the price we quote is the price you pay.
Q. Is there anything we need to do after we have secured the date with Groove 2 Q?
Not a thing, once we have received confirmation of your event, our technical team will liaise with the venue and/or the organisers to ensure everything on our part is dealt with well in advance. You will then receive telephone confirmation in the week prior to your event, so all that is left for you to do is enjoy the show.
Q. How long are your performance times?
There are no hard and fast rules but generally speaking we perform for 2 x 45 / 60 minute sets, however each client has different requirements so we often arrange performance times to suit you. We are of course able to play CD music for dancing during breaks.
Q. Do you have Public Liability Insurance?
Yes, we are insured for £10 million Public Liability through Equity by RSA Insurance Group.
Q. Is your equipment PAT tested?
Yes, our equipment is fully tested and certificated.
Q. Do I need to arrange a changing room for you?
Yes please. We request the room is clean, lockable and private, and preferably has a mirror and washing facilities. Please note that toilets are NOT suitable changing facilities.
Q. Do I need to arrange meals for you?
Not necessarily, but we would appreciate a meal being arranged for us as our ‘working day’ is often in excess of 12 hours. This need not be the same meal as you are having – most venues can provide hot food or sandwiches for the band at little cost, but generally this needs to be ordered in advance.
Q. Can you perform in a marquee?
Yes, a mains power supply close to the performance area is preferred with a minimum of FOUR SEPARATE 13 amp sockets (not a single 4 block extension lead). We are able to use generators if they are provided by a professional hire company. A level stage or performance area must be provided 6m x 2.5m and away from public access routes. The marquee must be easily accessible to load and unload equipment – we are not able to access over muddy fields or up/down grassy embankments.
Q. Can you perform outside?
Yes, our system is adequate for up to 300 guests outside, for larger events the sound system should be provided by a professional hire company. The performance area should be fully covered (top and sides) and provisions made for inclement weather. Please also note adequate mains power (see above) should be made available in close proximity to the performance area (see above).
Generally 2 x 60 Mins or 3 x 40 Mins or as required, please enquire.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.