High Society Swing
Stylish, upbeat jazz band that are guaranteed to fill the dancfloor! Great old fashioned sound that is suitable for creating a vintage, classy atmosphere at for dancing or as background music.
High Society Swing
High Society Swing play songs that have stood the test of time and have been made famous by the likes of Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerlad, Frank Sinatra and Luis Prima.
This upbeat swing sound is fun, celebratory and light hearted, whilst delivering an impressive musicality and nostalgic atmosphere. In keeping with the era, this band always dresses smart, in full suits and hats, which adds to the old fashioned, vintage style.
The full band is comprised of 7 members.
- Double Bass
Offered as a duo, Trio, Quartet, 5 piece, 6 piece and 7 piece band.
- Summertime - Gershwin
- King of the Swingers - Luis Prima
- It Don't Mean a Thing if it Aint Got That Swing - Ellington
- I found a New Baby - Palmer/Williams
- Autumn Leaves - Kosma/ Prevert
- Mack the Knife - Weill/ Brecht
- Cantina (Star Wars) - Williams
- Dinah - Lewis
- Minor Swing - Reinhardt/Grapelli
- Bei Mir Bist Du Shein - Jacobs/ Segunda
- Choo Cho Cha'boogie - Horton/Darling/Gabler
- Diga Diga Doo - McHugh/Fields
- Istanbul - Kennedy/Simon
- St James Infirmary - Mills
- Sweet Georgia Brown - Bernie/ Pinkard
- Some of These Days - Brooks
- Georgia on my Mind - Carmichael/ Gorrell
- Blue Drag - Myrow
- Je Vuex du Soleil - Aux Petit Bonhour
- After You've gone - Layton/ Creamer
- Joseph Joseph - Klezmer standard
- Dark Eyes - Hrebinka
Pure sensory bliss - at a visual, aural, and spine-tingling, body-boogeying level! Go see! Go dance!
- Swing Dance Social evening, Falmouth.
- NYE Party, Snob Lobster fine dining restaurant, Exeter.
- Teighnmouth Jazz and Blues Festival, 2016 and 2017
- Walking band for puppet procession, Bristol and Devon.
Can you play background music for our event?
Yes, we can play as a duo or trio, which gives a nice atmosphere whilst remaining quiet enough to be in the background.
How long are your sets?
We usually play two 45 minute sets for an evening concert, and an hour for an afternoon set. We are happy to do both the afternoon and evening.
- 1 x 60 Minutes
- 2 x 45 Minutes
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.