Sophia Plays Sax
Sophia is an experienced, energetic freelance freestyle female saxophonist, based in Cheshire. She has been in high demand in the entertainment sector since graduating from the prestigious LIPA, in 2009, where she was awarded the Victor Greenberg Liverpool Jazz Award. Her particular love of jazz, funk and soul music has allowed her to improvise/freestyle alongside DJs and fellow musicians across the world.
Sophia Plays Sax
Sophia regularly performs in various venues across the UK, but has also had the opportunity to play in Spain, France, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Bahrain and Portugal.
Sophia is available to play solo saxophone with backing tracks, solo saxophone with piano, saxophone and violin duo, or saxophone improvising/freestyle alongside a DJ for: weddings, drink receptions, corporate events, functions, private parties and club nights.
She has a wide variety of music in her repertoire and is happy to cater for individual requests, whether it be providing subtle lounge 'Ibiza style' chill out lounge background music at drinks receptions, or mingling with guests on the dance floor whilst improvising over funky house tracks alongside a DJ.
- Solo Saxophone with backing tracks
- Solo Saxophone with piano
- Solo Saxophone improvising alongside DJ
- Saxophone/Violin Duo
- Addicted To You – Avicii
- Ain't No Mountain – Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
- All Of Me – John Legend
- Always & Forever – Heatwave
- Are We Human – The Killers
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- Because of You – Kelly Clarkson
- Can't Feel My Face – The Weeknd
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off You – Andy Williams
- Careless Whisper – George Michael
- Clocks – Coldplay
- Diamonds – Rhianna
- Don't Know Why – Norah Jones
- Dream A Little Dream – Louis Armstrong
- Empire State Of Mind – Alicia Keys
- Englishman in New York – Sting
- Everything – Michael Buble
- Fantasy – Earth, Wind & Fire
- Feeling Good – Nina Simone
- Gabriel's Oboe – Ennio Morricone
- Get Lucky – Daft Punk
- Give Me The Night – George Benson
- Happy - Pharrell Williams
- Have I Told You Lately – Van Morrison
- Hello – Adele
- Here Comes The Sun – The Beatles
- Hey Ya – Outkast
- Hold My Hand – Jess Glynne
- How Deep Is Your Love – Calvin Harris & Disciples
- How Deep Is Your Love – The Bee Gees
- Hymn For The Weekend – Coldplay
- If I Ain’t Got You – Alicia Keyes
- I’ve Had The Time Of My Life – Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
- I Get The Sweetest Feeling – Jackie Wilson
- I Heard It Through The Grapevine – Marvin Gaye
- I'll Be Around – The Spinners
- I Say a Little Prayer – Aretha Franklin
- I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
- It Must Be Love – Labi Siffre
- Just The Two Of Us – Bill Withers
- Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars
- Let There Be Love – Nat King Cole
- Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
- Like You'll Never See Me Again – Alicia Keyes
- Love Me Like You Do – Ellie Goulding
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
- Moon Dance – Van Morrison
- Moon River – Andy Williams
- Mr. Bojangles – Sammy Davis Jr
- My Girl - Otis Redding
- Never Too Much – Luther Vandross
- One Day Like This – Elbow
- Only Girl In The World – Rhianna
- Ordinary People – John Legend
- Rather Be – Clean Bandit
- Read My Mind – The Killers
- Real Love – Jess Glynne
- Rock With You – Michael Jackson
- Rolling In The Deep – Adele
- Runnin' (Lose It All) – Naughty Boy ft Beyonce & Arrow Benjamin
- Saving All My Love For You – Whitney Houston
- See Beneath Your Beautiful – Labrinth
- Sex On Fire – Kings of Leon
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered – Stevie Wonder
- Sittin’ On The Dock Of The Bay – Otis Redding
- Sky full Of Stars – Coldplay
- Stand By Me – Ben E King
- Stay With Me – Sam Smith
- Street Life – Randy Crawford
- Sunshine Of My Life – Stevie Wonder
- Sweet Love – Anita Baker
- The Air That I Breathe – The Hollies
- The Look Of Love – Diana Krall
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- Time After Time – Cindy Lauper
- Titanium – David Guetta ft. Sia
- Treasure – Bruno Mars
- Use Somebody – Kings of Leon
- Waiting For A Star To Fall – Boy Meets Girl
- Walk On By – Dionne Warwick
- Wedding March – Mendelssohn
- Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
- Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- You're The First, The Last, My Everything – Barry White
- You Make It Real – James Morrison
- You’ve Got The Love – Candi Staton
- Your Song – Elton John
- All Blues
- At Last
- Autumn Leaves
- Black Orpheus
- Blue Bossa
- Cantelope Island
- Fly Me to the moon
- In A Sentimental Mood
- L’il Darlin’
- Like Someone In Love
- Little Sunflower
- Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- Satin Doll
- Song for my Father
- Take 5
- The Girl from Ipanema
- Watermelon Man
- Afro Medusa- Pasilda
- Audiowhores - Sometimes
- Bakermat - Teach Me
- Blonde - All Cried Out
- Blonde - I Loved You
- Boy Orlando - Huggin & Kissin
- Bruno Mars - Locked Out Of Heaven
- Bruno Mars - Treasure
- Calvin Harris feat Ayah Marar - Thinking About You
- Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding - Outside
- Calvin Harris ft. John Newman - Blame
- Calvin Harris - Summer
- Ce Ce Peniston - Finally
- Cheryl Lynn - Got To Be Real
- Clean Bandit ft. Sharna Bass - Extraordinary
- Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne - Rather Be
- Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne - Real Love
- Coldplay - A Sky Full Of Stars
- Corona - Rhythm Of The Night
- Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman
- Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams - Get Lucky
- Disclosure - F For You ft. Mary J. Blige
- Duke Dumont feat. Jax Jones - I Got U
- Duke Dumont - Need U (100%) feat. A*M*E
- Duke Dumont - Won't Look Back
- Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do
- Eric Prydz - Pjanoo
- Estelle - American Boy
- Faul & Wad Ad Vs. Pnau - Changes
- Florence + The Machine - Spectrum (Say My Name)
- Gala - Freed From Desire
- Gorgon City Ft. Jennifer Hudson - Go All Night
- Gorgon City - Ready For Your Love ft. MNEK
- Jess Glynne - Right Here
- Julie McKnight - Diamond Life
- Karen Harding - Say Something
- Kiesza - Hideaway
- Klingande - Jubel
- Klingande - Only God Can Save Our Souls
- Klingande - Punga
- Lana Del Rey vs Cedric Gervais - Summertime Sadness
- Mandal & Forbes feat. Dani Clay - Never Let Go
- Mark Knight - The Return Of Wolfy
- Michael Calfan - Resurrection
- Michael Mandal - I Don't Know
- Mr Probz - Waves
- Oliver Heldens - Koala
- Otto Knows - Million Voices
- Philip George - Wish You Were Mine
- Praise Cats Feat Andrea Love - Shined On Me
- Red Carpet - Alright
- Rihanna - Diamonds
- Robin S - Show Me Love
- Secondcity - I Wanna Feel
- Shakedown - At Night
- Sigma ft Paloma Faith - Changing
- Storm Queen - Look Right Through
- Ten Walls - Walking with Elephants
- Wankelmut & Emma Louise - My Head Is A Jungle
- Whitney Houston – It’s Not Right, But It’s Okay
I would like to say a huge thank you to Sophia for the amazing performance she put on for us at my wedding. From the moment I contacted her she made everything so easy and was always very quick to reply to emails and help organise the plans for the wedding. She turned up early and made a huge impact on the night and wow'ed all our guests. She didn't just play, she mingled with our guests as she played some amazing tunes. I would highly recommend her for your event. If you like a wow factor she's the girl to book. 10/10 doesn't do her justice. Thanks again Sophia and we will definitely see you again.
Sophia has had the opportunity to perform at various venues in the UK and worldwide.
- Maritim Hotel, Düsseldorf
- The Lowry, Salford
- Ramee Grand Hotel And Spa, Bahrain
- Le Rififi Club, London
- DSTRKT, London
- CRUISE, Chester
- Kingdom, Liverpool
- Empire, Liverpool
Does Sophia provide her own PA system?
Sophia has her own PA system and all her equipment is PAT tested.
Is Sophia insured?
Yes, Sophia has Public Liability insurance.
How long does Sophia play for?
For drink receptions, Sophia plays 2 x 35 minute sets. She can also provide background music in between her sets. For evening receptions Sophia plays on and off tracks alongside a DJ over a 1 hour period.
How long does Sophia need to set up?
Sophia will need 1 hour to set up and sound check, and requires a space of 3m x 3m to perform.
What are Sophia’s technical requirements?
Sophia will require access to a standard UK 240V main power supply.
What type of music does Sophia play?
Sophia can play a varied repertoire from mo-town, jazz, blues, soul, funk, commercial, funky house through to popular and 'Ibiza style' chill out lounge tracks. She is happy to take requests in advance.
What type of events does Sophia play at?
Sophia is available to play at weddings (ceremony, drinks reception, wedding breakfast, evening reception alongside DJ), private functions and corporate events.
Where does Sophia play?
Sophia is happy to travel to nationwide and international events.
Sophia usually performs 2 x 35 minute sets at weddings.
Alongside a DJ, Sophia will improvise on and off tracks over a 1 hour period, with short breaks in between sets.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.