The Floorfillers are a highly professional covers band with many years experience of playing functions across the UK and internationally. The Floorfillers offer an energetic, entertaining and compelling live show that never fails to get the party going.
With countless gigs under their belt, The Floorfillers know all the good tunes to give you a night to remember – from 2017’s top tracks right the way back to the 50s and 60s, with all the stops in between. Please have a look at the Song List for more information.
You can help choose the songs you want for your evening, and if you’re getting married even ask the band to play your first dance live for you.
In addition to our evening set, we offer an intimate acoustic option - perfect for creating a relaxing atmosphere at your afternoon drinks reception or VIP lounge.
The Floorfillers are an entirely self-contained operation who bring with them PA, a lighting rig and playlists to provide music before and after the band. They fully insured, punctual, polite and a pleasure to deal with.
You want a band that will turn up on time, give you a great show, be easy to deal with and leave you with fantastic memories. The Floorfillers are a friendly bunch both on and off the stage and will always go the extra mile to make sure your evening goes well.
Four Members: Two guitarists, Bass and Drums plus The Floorfillers all sing!
MAT (Vocals / Bit and Bobs)
Writes music for TV. If you've watched Wife Swap you've heard him. In a past life he's toured with Marillion, taught Samba drumming to thousands of people across the globe, written music for dance & film and has made a few CDs with his Brazilian fusion group.
MIKE (Guitar / Backing Vocals)
Mike has played guitar in so many party bands he's forgotten most of them, but along the way, he's played rock, soul, Motown, blues, rock 'n' roll, punk and reggae all over the UK. Career highlights include meeting Mike Oldfield in a petrol station, and getting shouted at in the street by Roy Castle. Oh, and playing at Glastonbury. When he's not playing guitar, he's probably asleep.
DAVE (Bass / Backing Vocals)
Dave has worked with Gong, The Steve Hillage band, Bill Nelson, Isaac Guillory, Michael Kamen, Dave Gilmour and Andy Sheppard amongst others and has composed themes and incidental music for film and television. Musician magazine described Dave as a “remarkable bass player".
Roger started his musical career playing in miners clubs in County Durham and Newcastle and entertaining the most demanding of audiences! Since then he has performed in countless original and function cover bands around the country including Beatles tribute band Twist and Shout, playing alongside bands like The Merseybeats and Dave Berryerry.
2000's to Present Day
- Bonkers - Dizzee Rascal
- Can’t Stop The Feeling – Justin Timberlake
- Chelsea Dagger – The Fratellis
- Counting Stars - One Republic
- Get Lucky – Daft Punk
- Happy - Pharrell Williams
- Have A Nice Day - Stereophonics
- Last Night - The Strokes
- Locked Out Of Heaven – Bruno Mars
- Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
- Mr Brightside - The Killers
- Poker Face - Lady Gaga
- Rocks Off - Primal Scream
- Ruby - Kaiser Chiefs
- Sex On Fire - Kings Of Leon
- Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
- Valerie - Amy Winehouse
- Dance The Night Away - The Mavericks
- Faith - George Michael
- Friday I'm In Love - The Cure
- Harvest Moon - Neil Young
- I Predict A Riot - The Kaiser Chiefs
- I'll Be There For You - The Rembrandts
- Rock n Roll Star – Oasis
- Song 2 - Blur
- Torn - Natalie Imbruglia
- Weather With You - Crowded House
- Wonderwall - Oasis
- 9 to 5 - Dolly Parton
- 500 Miles - The Proclaimers
- Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
- Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen
- Freefallin' - Tom Petty
- Kiss - Prince
- Message In A Bottle - The Police
- Should I Stay Or Should I Go - The Clash
- Summer of 69 – Bryan Adams
- That’s Entertainment - The Jam
- Aint No Sunshine - Bill Withers
- Alright Now - Free
- American Pie - Don McLean
- Brown Sugar - Rolling Stones
- Can't Always Get What You Want - Rolling Stones
- Come Up and See Me - Steve Harley
- Get Down On It - Kool And The Gang
- Get It On - T-Rex
- Heart Of Gold - Neil Young
- I Shot The Sherif - Bob Marley
- Long Train Running - Doobie Brothers
- Maggie May - Rod Stewart
- Merry Christmas - Slade
- One Of These Nights - Eagles
- Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry
- Stayin' Alive - Bee Gees
- Stuck In The Middle - Steelers Wheel
- Superstition - Stevie Wonder
- Sweet Home Alabama - Lynard Skynard
- Teenage Kicks - Undertones
- Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morisson
- Day Tripper - Beatles
- I Saw Her Standing There - Beatles
- I'm A Believer - The Monkees
- Mrs Robinson - Simon and Garfunkel
- Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett
- Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison
- Proud Mary - Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay - Otis Redding
- Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley
- You Really Got Me Going - The Kinks
- Wonderful World - Sam Cooke
- La Bamba - Rickie Valens
Another great band for our event, played a great variety of music and would recommend them.
The Floorfillers were fantastic! Just what we needed for our summer family hog roast. They were punctual and polite, professional and easy to have around. The sets they performed were diverse and very entertaining and everyone I have spoken with since told me how much they thoughroughly enjoyed their music. We would highly recommend this band and would book them again for a future event.
You were brilliant - exactly as we thought you'd be.
Previous clients inculde many happily wedded couples, Universities, businesses and charities. Here are a few satisfied customers:
- Luke and Beccy Spear (Donnington Park Farmhouse Hotel)
- Sam & Holly Wardell (Hill Farm, Nottinghamshire)
- Portland College, Nottinghamshire
- Kate and Dev Sisodia (Ulverscroft Manor, Leicestershire)
- University of Nottingham
- Optimum Events
- East Retford Rugby Club
- Nottingham Belfry Hotel
How long do The Floorfillers play?
Normally, 2 x 1hr sets but this flexible and negotiable. We can also perform an additional acoustic set for a modest fee – this is ideal as background music when drinks/canapés are being served.
How late can the Floorfillers play until?
Our on-site schedule as standard is 5.30pm - 12.30pm - however we appreciate that every day is different and we are happy to offer early load-ins and late curfews at additional cost.
Does the band do requests?
The Floorfillers have spent many years making sure that every gig is a night to remember, so the band chooses its material very carefully and practises till its cooking! This means that playing requests on the night can be tricky – but feel free to choose any songs from the song list and the Floorfillers will do their best to make sure those songs are included in the set. Equally, if there are songs in there that make your blood boil just let the band know and they won’t get played.
Can the Floorfillers play our first dance for us?
Yes. For a modest additional fee, the band are happy to learn and perform any song just for your first dance.
Can the Floorfillers provide music before and after they play?
Yes, the band will provide pre-show and interim music free of charge. The band can also provide post show music for a modest additional fee.
How long does Off The Record take to set up?
We normally like to allow up to 2 hours. However, under certain circumstances this can be reduced to about an hour or so.
Is the band insured and safety tested?
Yes, The Floorfillers holds full public liability insurance and equipment is PAT safety tested.
Do The Floorfillers have any specific requirements?
The band need a couple of power sockets and an area big enough to play in (around 4m x 4m is about right). It is also customary to provide food, soft drinks and a room to get changed in.
Does then band need to be advised of anything before the event takes place?
The Floorfillers need to be advised of the access to the venue and whether there are any noise limiting devices.
- Standard performance timings: 2 x 60 mins
- Acoustic set: 40 mins
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.