The McDonald Duo
The McDonald Duo are an acoustic duo providing wedding entertainment based in Leeds. They perform Pop, Soul and Classical music suitable for weddings, corporate and casual events. They’re able to cover more music than most duos due to their use of modern technology and looping while performing. This means they can learn just about any song you can think of and always deliver popular tunes with a twist.
The McDonald Duo
As professionally trained musicians, their unique style can be described as laidback and beautiful interpretations of classic favourites. They’ve supported well known artists such as; Stylo G, Little Nikki, Naughty Boy, Sub Focus, The Klaxons and Kaz Hawkins.
The McDonald Duo can appear as a standard acoustic duo – Louie providing vocals and Chris playing guitar with backing vocals.
They also offer something truly unique with Chris’ expertise in using a loop station to provide layered Guitar and Violin, to accompany Louie’s vocals. In fact, Chris can produce a sound like that of a string quartet just by himself. This isn’t a gimmick, just an experienced musician who knows how to use modern technology to create a much fuller sound than the usual soloist.
- Guitar,Vocals and Violin
- A Song For You – Elton John
- Ain’t No Sunshine – Bill Withers
- Ain’t Nobody – Chaka Khan
- American Boy – Estelle
- Attention – Charlie Puth
- Beat It – Michael Jackson
- Believe – Cher
- Best of my Love- The Emotions
- Better Together – Jack Johnson
- Chandelier – Sia
- Crazy – Knarls Barkely
- Crazy in Love – Beyonce
- Despacito – Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, Justin Bieber
- Dock of the Bay – Otis Redding
- Finally – Cece Peniston
- Forget You – Cee Lo Green
- Grapevine – Marvin Gaye
- Happy – Pharrell
- Highway to Hell – ACDC
- How Deep is Your Love – Calvin Harris
- Human – Rag n Bone man
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
- I’d Rather Go Blind – Etta James
- If I Ain’t Got You – Alicia Keys
- I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
- Imagine – John Lennon
- Issues -Julia Michaels
- Just the way you are – Bruno Mars
- Lazy Song – Bruno Mars
- Love Yourself – Justin Bieber
- Malibu – Miley Cyrus
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- Natural Woman – Aretha Franklin
- Not the Only One – Sam Smith
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- Pricetag – Jessie J
- September Song – JP Cooper
- Seven Nation Army – White Stripes
- Shape of You – Ed Sheeran
- Slow Hands – Niall Horan
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Eva Cassidy
- Son of a Preacher Man – Dusty Springfield
- Stay with me – Sam Smith
- Summer Time – Ella Fitzgerald
- Sweet Love – Anita Baker
- Symphony – Clean Bandit
- Titanium – Sia
- There’s Nothing Holding me back – Shawn Mendes
- Toxic – Britany Spears
- Valerie – Amy Winehouse
- You Know I’m no Good – Amy Winehouse
They were fantastic - very flexible and everyone really enjoyed the music.
Thank you so much for playing at our wedding! You were brilliant!! We really loved it!
How long can you play for?
We usually play two or three 45 minute sets as part of a standard booking. We can however play shorter or longer sets, just get in touch to discuss what you need!
Do you do requests?
Absolutely! We are very happy to learn specific songs and make your perfect arrangement. A timeframe of about four weeks would be appreciated.
Do I need to provide Louie & Chris with any information?
Yes, this helps the event run smoothly and allows you to relax on the day. We will be in touch to get information such as requests, arrival times and arrangements for the day.
- 2 x 45 Minutes
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.